GO!

What does YOUR dog get mistaken for that makes you wanna Laugh?...

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 10:17am PST 
People think I'm a German Shepherd puppy! laugh out loud
[notify]
Gemini

Love Me

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 10:31am PST 
everyone says I am a wolf and a girl. My mom thought Gemini sounded like a boys name but because I am smaller and narrower than my sister everyone says I am a female wolf.
[notify]
Murphy

Why run when you- can hop??!!

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 12:21pm PST 
I have gotten some weird guesses on Murphy before but for the most part people aren't too far off & other than a few thinking he is a cairn terrier or scottie most people know Josh is a wesite.

However I work at an animal clinic & a coworker brings her shih tzu in with her everyday and she gets mistaken for all kinds of different breeds! You would think a lot of people know what a shih tzu looks like but people have mistaken her for a pomeranian, a poodle, a schnauzer, a yorkie, a cocker spaniel and on several occasions...a pug!! shrug
[notify]

Snickers

The girl is- HOME!

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '12 7:01am PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud I get called a calm, quiet puppy! Fooled them! Mom says I am a hurricane that hits, destroys, rests a bit and then goes again. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Kale

Good Boy

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 12:40pm PST 
We get asked if Kale is a wolf by younger children all the time. It's cute.

For some reason, people assume Ace is male, even without knowing her name. Is tan just a "guy" kind of color or something? It wasn't long before I replaced her blue collar with a pink one.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 4:23am PST 
I got called a pit bull a few weekends ago shrug
[notify]
Chewy

Tall,Dark, and,- Handsome

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 3:13pm PST 
I was walking Chewy and a girl in the park said she's never seen a Black Saint Bernard before. I told her he was a Lab, and she was like "Is he part Saint Bernard?? He's so big." I laughed and said nope... just a big Lab.laugh out loud
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 7:29pm PST 
People ask me if Sarah is a pointer or a dalmatian- she's 25lbs...

I had a kid once ask me if Lizzie was a WEREWOLF!!!
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 2:03pm PST 
Our neighbor is CONVINCED that Pixie is a Fox Terrier. I say, "no, she is a Rat Terrier with tipped ears." And she argues with me, "She obviously has Fox Terrier in her. My sister breeds them and shows them and I know what a Fox Terrier looks like!"

I do too, and her face isn't NEARLY long enough and her ears aren't exactly tipped right. Thery're more like bat ears. laugh out loud

But whatever. She can think my dog is a more expensive pure breed if she wants. wink
[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:17pm PST 
About Alva

Is that a fox? (I was walking my puppy and I think that was a joke.)

Is that a sheltie? (No, shelties are usually smaller. And that is a typical collie head.)

Then, it must be that middle-sized collie? (What? Middle-sized? There is only one size of collies although many (not into dogs) people refer shelties as mini collies. Do they confuse with breeds like poodle or schnauzer? And if Alva is a middle-sized collie, how big would then be the giant collie because if there is mini and middle-sized, then there should be a giant too, shouldn't it?)

Alva is a boy, eh? (No, she isn't. She is wearing bright blue because that is my favourite color and well, there was only brown and blue leashes at the store when I needed one and I wanted a more shocking color than that ugly beige. Besides, Alva is female name here.)

About Netta (our late Tervueren)

She is a (rough) collie cross? (No, she isn't, she is a Belgian shepherd dog, Tervueren.)

A man comes straight towards us: "That has German shepherd in her!" (Nope, she is still a Belgian...)

What makes me laugh is that I was never asked if she was a cross between these two breeds. No, it was always about either a collie or a schäfer but never both.

I've also asked twice if she was a wolf hybrid. The first person to ask was drunk and the second one might have been joking, I think. One woman actually thought she was a wolf but she is forgiven because it was dark and she saw her from far under a street light. She saw her error when she found out that the "wolf" had an owner.

Not mistaking something, actually almost the opposite, but I had moved to a new town and saw a Belgian Tervueren several times. It bugged me because there was something in that dog. He was so familiar and I was sure I had never seen him before. Finally I collected my courage and once I stopped his owner and asked his name, and by what name he was registered or where his breeder lived. His owners were an older pair and they didn't remember his register name but his date and place of birth were enough for me. I knew he was brother to our Belinda that was Netta's aunt. He looked so much like Belinda so I recognized him.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3