GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 655 of 1345: Viewing entries 6541 to 6550)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  650  651  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  [Last 10 entry]  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 9:13am PST 
I LOVE when my dogs have a job... Quincy is currently at the vets, being a blood donor.
It has been a problem because none of my other dogs have made the weight requirement lately so we haven't been able to help them. Quincy is just over 6 months and the age minimum is 6 months!
They like my dogs because we are right next door so they can grab them in an emergency.
ANY, they pay with a Rabies shot for him, BOL!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 10:00am PST 
Morning All........

Turner.... hoping all goes well with Hubby.

Yeah... the wind .. "Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain, Oklahoma Where the wav-in wheat can sure smell sweet When the wind comes right behind the rain"....... Can sympathise !! Also can sympathise with Grunt too. !

Take care with the snow.

Toto.. thats a good swap !
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 11:31am PST 
wave Hi Friends

VERY COLD here. We woke up to -25 below and -60 below windchill!!! eek. The house was cold. Our furnace read 62 degrees. We turned on the electric heaters to warm up! I really thought school would be canceled, but it wasn't. Some schools in the area started 2 hours late. So thankful the power stayed on.

I haven't said anything about my Dad for a while. He is poor and gets confused now. His CHF is worse and he is in so much pain from his neuropathy in his legs and feet it's just awful to see him in so much pain. They are trying different pain meds and his pain still isn't under control. frown. It is really hard on us to see him this way. He just cries in pain.

Thor's been inside and he's hot and gets bored! It's just way to cold to leave him out to long right now. He is laying on the kitchen floor in front of the dryer. It is vented outside so it gets really cold there.

Love seeing everyone's pictures they post!
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 11:49am PST 
We woke up to 54, now it's down to 36 and Turner's wind has reached us, too. I HATE wind!!!! Lots of power outages but so far, so good here except for some blinking.
Quincy is back, he was good. They also gave me 6 doses of Revolution for him. Not too shabby! Gave him a light sedative and he's my demo dog for my obedience class that starts tonight...at least everyone will think he's well trained and calm, BOL!!
Roxy... keep those temps there, I NEED Summer!!!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 1:36pm PST 
It's a little breezy here too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/01/31 /nb-nbpower-wind-outages-122.html

That pic is in the city one of my daughters lives in. It's not quite as bad here, but it is very windy. Brought my client out for an appointment and to do her errands and one side of the street had no power.

It's a warm wind, though, nowhere near as cold as Roxyeek Actually, between the rain and the strong winds, there is almost no snow. It's January! shock

Off to deliver flyers in the gusty winds, maybe they will push the car and save me some gas laugh out loud
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 2:00pm PST 
Please take care Roxy.

Your Dad... can they try the laser dumbing of the nerves ?(Radiofrequency Neuotomy)There is also injections.... both can help some people.

Stay safe.

Toto... Glad Quincey is home safe ! he earned his rewards !

Bunny..... take care too.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 2:50pm PST 
Good luck to your hubby today, Turner hug

Forgot to say yesterday Flicka, that i'm sorry the Doc has no further suggestions or ideas. You must feel frustrated hug

I've just finished walking a programme called "The Secret Life of Dogs". Most of it was stuff i already knew, but i never knew dogs were left or right pawed and that you can test them in your own home! Statistically, dogs that are right pawed with hair that swirls anti-clockwise make the best guide dogs. Guess what Ty is? Yep, right pawed with hair that swirls anti-clockwise wink Missy is left pawed and her hair swirls clockwise from what i can make out under all her hair laugh out loud Means she is a creative thinker and problem solver. Interesting stuff.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 5:28pm PST 
Thanks TY...,extremely down rather than frustrated. Is stupid of me.. I never was holding my breath on this.... but it still gave me some hope... its not a good day...week... but ALL will Be Well... I have had over 45 years of rolling with these punches.

Left and right.. yes.. everything is.. all animate objects(incldes plants as well !!)... Funnily enough my friend on here with Service Dogs is just bringing on her young one.. she recently tested him for L/R .. and he is a lefty !She just did a nice little youtube showing it. Interesting about the sworls though !!

Edited by author Thu Jan 31, '13 5:31pm PST

[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 7:11pm PST 
That is interesting Tyler. I have noticed before that Sanka is more apt to paw at things with his right while Kato tends toward his left. I'll have to check the fur swirls just for my own curiosity. Neither of them are even close to being suited for being a guide dog. Who knows where I'd end up with Sanka at the lead. laugh out loud

Cold weather here too. Today was one of those days where it snowed all day but never accumulated to anything. Kind of just bleh feeling. I'm getting hit with the winter blues right now. I so thought I had a house lined up but those darn taxes put me over budget. Grrr. I just need a change.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 10:20pm PST 
Stayed up till five am looking at Wedding Venues. How much money do these place think people have?

On a different note, we're on flood watch again. The river rose higher than they thought it would and is now in the dog park on one side and over the bike track on the other. If it gets to a certain point, we leave then before the road get closed off. Other end of the street (long street, some really big farms) is already under water. & I'm meant to work tonight. We shall see. I already have a bag packed to go, the BF will do his computer when he gets home from work soon.

To everyone having medication and testing issues hug took an aspirin last night for a head ache and my nose bled - I'd hate to have anything serious wrong that has to be medicated!
[notify]
  (Page 655 of 1345: Viewing entries 6541 to 6550)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  650  651  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  [Last 10 entry]