GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 629 of 1339: Viewing entries 6281 to 6290)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  [Last 10 entry]  
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 11:25am PST 
Jazz has potential adopters visiting on the 26.

I have discovered that not only is the daycare director stupid but she is condescending. She treats us staff, the ones under 35 like we are stupid and she does the same thing to the parents. Its really annoying.

Other than that, I have applied for doggy daycare jobs as I'd rather deal with animals in my care rather than children as dogs don't talk back. The kids I work with are upper middle class who are used to getting what they want which I find very annoying.

Now off to find information on Service dogs as our daycare is going to do a disability month in March.

Byes!!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:15pm PST 
Bunny ... Hang in there !!!

Sanka... I dont relax with puzzles !!!

Hoping you can get out with the dogs 1

Nicky... LOL...... me too........then there are the photos.. and the books.. and the files on the computer... and the links....

Isabelle.. stand up to her. Smile very sweetly tell her you are SURE she doesnt MEAN to be condescending.. but she is. And you are SURE she doesnt mean to be. ... remember big smile.. gentle voice.... and mean it "kindly".

I am afraid you do have to call folk out who are like that.. but HOW you do it makes the difference.

You know.. I do alot better with animals too !!
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:27pm PST 
Wow, close call Flicka! Glad you and Jay are ok relieved hug

Love the pictures Onyx. Beautiful lighting!

I haven't done a puzzle in years. All the ones posted here are very impressive! applause applause

I might have had some good news today. Puppies were born today from the breeder i'm interested in and this is the litter i had registered my interest in. But the litter is very small ( only 3 pups ) and at first the breeder thought there was only 1 male...the other two being females obviously. So, she emails me asking if i;m still interested and what gender i wanted. I said i was interested in the male puppy. All is well until this evening where there has been a mistake as another breeder who had first pick has chosen the male! frown But, much to the breeders embarrassment, one of the female puppies is actually a male! ( She was very tired last night during the birth and didn't check the genders properly by her own admission ) so there is still an option for me. However, as vain as this sounds, i had my heart set on a black or black & tan and this puppy is blond...while colour is not my top most priority i still kind of feel deflated i couldn't have the black. So i'm gonna think about it overnight but i'm not sure whether i should wait to get what i truly want or settle for second best....red face Pictures are adorable though! That doesn't help in making your mind up laugh out loud

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 1:29pm PST

[notify]

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:53pm PST 
wave. Hi guys!

I have to tell you I rented the Rug Dr Carpet Shampooer! I'm in LOVE with the new Rug Dr! laugh out loud. He cleans so good! He is amazing! snoopy. It already smells better in here and I'm not done! My husband is in trouble because my next big perchase will be a Rug Dr! I'm going to have to save. This is a new machine I rented and it's awesome! Funny how something like this can make a person so happy to clean! big laugh A person with dogs will understand!

Ok, later! I have to finish cleaning! way to go
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 2:45pm PST 
Roxy, we got a new Bissel one at work and everyone is fighting over who gets to clean the carpet. Not me, I just sit back and watch them work, BOL! It works way, way better than the Bissel I had years ago.
Quiet tonight in my house. I am having weekend guests and in order to get into my guest room they have to go thru the corner of the dog room so EVERYONE, except the quiet ones, are over at work.
I still have Toto, Beanie, Ali, the two hairless cresteds and Jethro. Quincy and his sister will be home from the kennel, too as this person is Gemma's (Quincy's sister) owner. Lola will sleep in the guest room since this is her new mother, too.
The five adults sleep in my bed with me so they are quiet and Quincy and his sister haven't learned to bark yet(Hurray!!!) Jethro is extremely quiet still, and he doesn't wake up once he's out for the night.
Right now the older guys are wondering what's happening so they are just standing around watching to see if I am gonna pack my suitcase and leave, too.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:49pm PST 
TY.... Honestly you have been hesitant about this litter all along. Yes.. its the mating you wanted.. but you have said all along that considered,.,,, you still werent sure the timing was right. Its still a year ahead of your schedule as well if I remember. But.. whatever... you have spoken clear doubts even with it being the right pairing.

So... I honestly think.. even if the colour HAD been what you wanted... you would have still been "thinking about it". Ok.. its real truth time now then.. it isnt second best.. it s not what you want.. and the timing still isnt either. Its decision time... Wait as was your original resolution... Just my thoughts.

Roxy.... ask hubby to scrub the carpet.... bet you get your shampooer FAST !

Pity its too cold for tents Toto !!!!
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:03pm PST 
No, originally i'd wanted to add a pup in 2013 so i'm on schedule, but i guess i have always been a bit hesitant because it's such a big decision and because i'm importing. It's just more complicated than buying a pup from here. But yes, as for the colour choice it's not what i wanted which is unfortunate. But at the same time i feel that's such a vain and selfish reason to dismiss the puppy. It might still have all the other qualities i'm looking for.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:05pm PST 
Glad you're okay Flicka!

I am afraid I am not taking my own advice to Jewel very well... I got an email asking me to foster a potential Crested mix. He's ADORABLE, whether or not he is a Crested. I emailed her back and said if he's good with cats and other dogs I will take him. I am a little crazy, I guess, but he's so cute!!! The trick is, I am going out of town next weekend. My parents are going to watch my dogs, but someone from the group is going to have to take my fosters for the weekend!

Here are some pictures- what do you guys think he is? I know it's hard to tell- he's shaggy and they're bad pictures...
Senor

Senor2
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:40pm PST 
Ty, I waited through two litters with my breeder before Onyx's litter was born to get the gender/color/temperament I wanted. I'm sure I would have loved a sable puppy, and I actually plan to get a dark sable as my next GSD, but I figured, I'm going to be living with this dog for the next decade plus, I may as well wait and get what I really want. Obviously color shouldn't be the only deciding factor when getting a puppy, but I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting for exactly what you want, including aesthetic factors.

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 4:41pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:46pm PST 
TY... it is NOT vain to want what you want. So.... ask yourself... are you going to hold that wish on your heart for the rest of his life if you take the Blonde ?You will know the answer to that without even voicing it.Act on that gut instinct.

There will always be a "next chance".. and that too wont have guarentees either.. maybe all blonde girls !

Sarah.... he looks SO saddddddddddddd !

EDIT... Onyx posted while I typed....Its like she said amd I said... it worth waiting if you cant honestly say you are 100% behind getting the different pup.

As a note.. I would walk through fire for another Black GSD with all the rest right... but... I suspect my chance of that is past. Would I get a dark instead... probably... but that too is a small chance now.

So do what you need to do to make your heart happy.

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 4:51pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 629 of 1339: Viewing entries 6281 to 6290)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  [Last 10 entry]