GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 627 of 1338: Viewing entries 6261 to 6270)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  [Last 10 entry]  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:37am PST 
That's an awesome Tip Natasha! I'll definitely check out the hunting stores in town to see if they have the postings.

Turner, your fire story reminds me of my relatives. I live in a rural area, but near a main road that connects to the city, so I hear sirens pretty much all the time. But my relatives live out in the boonies and never hear sirens. I remember we had one get together where somebody heard a siren, and my relatives made everyone go quiet to make sure they heard the siren. And when they did, they all flocked outdoors to see if they could see it and where it was heading. I just sat there dumbfounded....it was just a siren.shrug But I guess when you live in a small town where you know just about everybody, a nearby siren probably affects somebody you know.

Getting ready for the next cold spell. The dogs aren't too happy because of the shorter outings, but they'll live!
[notify]
Jethro

Design jewelry,- not dogs!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:59am PST 
Jewel... he is sooooo pretty. I love a classic black and tan dog!!! I call them the old farm collies.
Jethro went to vets for his first official visit, he accompanied his mother (who has emphysema???) The vet was the one that did the c-section, he was AMAZED at my four pound wonder dog!!!!!
Lola, on the other hand, is being treated for her breathing issues as well as getting ivermectin for possible demodex on her feet!!! Looks JUST like food allergies but she is already on LID and has been with no change at all, and, with all the snow, we surely aren't dealing with environmental stuff like grass, pollen, etc. Gotta love these Frenchies!
We are getting snow right now, so far about 4 inches, nasty, slippery stuff. ALL my grooming dogs made it in, but my bather/brusher slid off the road and went home when she got unstuck. Supposed to be my afternoon out early, NOT!
Flicka, it's best to leave scalpels in the hands of the surgeons!!!!!
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:57am PST 
Afternoon all! wave Flicka hug and naughty put the scalpel down! Glad you're alright. Jewel, I agree with Toto, I love Jetty's markings! I could stare at him all day! cloud 9 Got about 2 inches here and it's still snowing a real fine snow. snoopy Managed to get a great walk and playtime in. The snow isn't too deep and the chuck=it ball doesn't sink and "hide" in the snow! laugh out loud Pups look happy now! cloud 9 It's my Friday cheercheer Got a plan for Mr. Idiot at work, if he says anything dumb, and I know he will, I will tell him professionally that I don't appreciate his degrading women in my presence and leave my post. Luckily, hubby is the Lt. on and he'll replace me with someone. I'm not putting up with it tonight that's for sure! Toto, showed hubby the pics of Jethro, he agrees I'm in love with Jethro! laugh out loudlaugh out loud Mom and dad got about 5 inches of wet, heavy snow. M&K stay warm and dry over there! way to go Have a great night all!
[notify]

Jethro

Design jewelry,- not dogs!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:53am PST 
Turner...The vet, (old, like me, and an old friend!), watched me showing off Jethro up there this morning and said, "Well, I guess he's not here for his pre-sale health certificate, you're keeping him, right???" Duh!!big laugh
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 1:26pm PST 
Chloe is looking so much healthier and happier, Jewel. You're doing a fab job with her! applause Jettsen is looking great too! Can't believe he still hasn't got a home! shock

I like your flower pics Natasha. Adds a touch of warmth and brightness to to the very grey and wintry scenes here right now.

We had freezing fog last night that has lingered all day with temps below freezing. Got very cold last night and tonight, at the moment, it's 24F. But i love the hard frosts these temps bring. Makes the ground perfect for walking the dogs wink More snow forecast for Friday i think, unless it fizzles out by the time it reaches us ( hopefully! )

Flicka hug Be careful with that scalpel! Lucas hug

Turner, you tell that idiot!! way to go

Profile of Ty in the snow yesterday. cloud 9
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:42pm PST 
Natasha.. I forgot to say I loved the flower photos !!! Beautiful !

Jewel.. super pics of Chloe and Jettsen ! Loved that Husky too

Toto....Glad Jethro did ok and hoping Lola will too.

I use scaplels all the time.. and have for 40 years... This is only the 3rd serious cut in all that time.. and it was because I was rushing....Stupid me...

Turner.. go for his throat.. actually.. about 2 feet lower.. I have scaplels !!

TY ... beautiful photo... I prefer winter too.

Well.. the 3rd event today was a 20 ton aggragate truck that had been riding our bumper and was inattentive. The car in front of us stopped short to turn left.. Jay braked and was slowing nicely.. we hear lock up behind us.. and 20 loaded tons that wasnt going to stop.... Jay floored the pedal and in a split second had seem the oncoming traffic was clear.. and he boosted into the oncoming road.. the 20 tonner flew past racking up verge.If he missed us by a hairs breadth,,, that was the most. If Jay hadnt have acted as he did I suspect at best we woyuld be in the hosptal now...

It was a defining moment....He and his mate didnt stop but noticably slowed right down. I suspect his mate was on the radio to him ripping him a new brain.

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 3:45pm PST

[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:28pm PST 
Love all the photos way to go

Turner - When I was in college, I worked in the equipment room (work study) where I washed clothes for the football and basketball teams. Testosterone filled place. Several of the athletes would say to me "thanks honey" or "sweetie"...I would answer back, "you're welcome, cupcake." They stopped calling me those names. laugh out loud big laugh

hughughughughug Flicka - glad you and hubby are ok. Those close calls are scary.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:10pm PST 
My house and kennel as well as the vet clinic are on the left at the foot of a long, steep hill. The speed limit jumps to 55 at the top of the hill and there is no passing lane.
At least once a month there is someone smacking into the car in front of them that was trying to make a left turn or clipping them as they veer madly to the right at the last minute after noticing them stopped to turn.
Fortunately, so far only three serious ones in the 12 years we've been here, but the constant screech of breaks no longer has us even looking out the window. One poor guy (with a two year old child in his car) took out our sign when the person behind him failed to see him stopped to turn and slammed into him.
It is maddening because there is not only a side street but TWO businesses and they won't even lower the speed limit, much less put up a caution light. We are all constantly complaining to the state highway department but I am sure it will most likely take a fatality to change anything.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:51pm PST 
Is that a dog butt hanger??? big laugh Chloe and Jettsen are so cute!!

Sarah, that's what I would like to do when I get my house. I want to put all native plants in.

Flicka- Yikes with the scalpel! I prefer using an exacto knife over scissors and thankfully have not had any major run ins with it yet! I'm always stabbing myself with (clean, thankfully) needles at work though shock
Glad you guys got out of that mess with the truck safely!! What a close call!

Jethro is so cute! He looks like a little guinea pig in the first picture cloud 9

Not much to report here- Work blahdee blahdee blah. Cold weather blargs.
OH finished my evil puzzle-
700 piece- "Sweet Memories"
Missing pieces courtesy of the dogs. Paris mainly. Nick learned to walk around. A 'this is why we can't have nice things!' moment. The puzzle was too long for the table.
I have this puzzle waiting for me now-
550 piece- "Sacred Grounds" by Bev Doolittle
I LOVE Bev Doolittle. If you're not familiar with her I suggest you do some googlage. She does nature themed pieces, and her trademark is "hidden art" where there will be pictures hidden within her work. Very beautiful and interesting!
This is one of her more well known pieces-
"Pintos" by Bev Doolittle
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:52pm PST 
Glad you're all okay Flicka. I tend to just stand still when times of crises comes at me. Doubt I'd react that swiftly!

Toto, must be a regional thing. Here, on one section of the road, they lowered the speed limit from 55 to 50 because there's a few houses there. Um...why? If I hit someone going 55 instead of 50, is that 5 mph at that high of speed really that big of a difference?shrug

Decided today was my lazy day, so no walk for the dogs. They aren't too happy about it, but they lightened up when I gave them stuffed kongs.blue dog
[notify]
  (Page 627 of 1338: Viewing entries 6261 to 6270)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  [Last 10 entry]