GO!

Picking up Poop

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 10:42am PST 
I scoop the poop 99% of the time.

I live in a condo complex and there are rules about it but some people still refuse to pick up after their dogs. It's disgusting. Actually when we moved in and when we first adopted Scruffy some neighbors tried to blame us for not picking up after our dogs. Back then there was poop all over one of the lawns. We were sent a letter saying where our dog "was witnessed defecating" and that we would "be fined XX amount for every infraction". But it wasn't our dog and the poop had all been there long before we even adopted Scruffy, and so we cleared up the issue by explicating the specific areas that he would go and when we adopted Scruffy and that we did in fact pick up the poop every time he went.

The only time we didn't pick up after the dogs was if we were walking in the woods and they pooped way off of the trail or if we had run out of bags while out on a walk.

Edited by author Sun Nov 6, '11 10:50am PST

[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 11:40am PST 
I've never forgotten on a walk --and I always wonder the times we see poop right on the sidewalk, how's there any way their owner didn't know their dog was going?!naughty

I have forgotten bags before, but I have gone back and picked it up later, since we usually walk that way again anyway.

I'm sure I've missed some at the dog park on occasion because sometimes you miss that your dog went, although usually someone's always kind enough to point it out to you . . .laugh out loud
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 12:47pm PST 
I always pick up after mine - I wish my neighbors would! I live outside city limits so we aren't required to by law, but the city takes it pretty seriously - a hefty fine. They even run commercials laugh out loud Our water comes from an underground aquifer that's fed in part by runoff and, well, you are what you drink wink The more polluted the water is, the more difficult and costly it is to treat.
[notify]

Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 4:51pm PST 
I admit that I dont pick up poop when we go hiking out in the woods, Unos poop is very small (raw fed) and it breaks down very fast. Otherwise on regular walks I always bring bags with me.
[notify]
Cooper

Cooper- Peace_Love_&Bell- y Rubs!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 11:59pm PST 
Today on the walk Coop went twice. The second bag had a hole so I went to get another and with the amount of rain we've had I couldn't find it again. red face It just blended in with the ground. I don't feel great about it since I also live in an apartment. Yes it was small kiss size. I just couldn't find it.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 11:16am PST 
One time Jewel pooped while these people across the street were having a big screaming fight and I just left it so we could get the heck out of there!! shock
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 6:34pm PST 
I live in the country and so basically NO ONE picks up their poop. However, I always bury mine. (Where we walk there's lots of handy dirt and forest litter, and my dog is very helpful and only poops next to trees, which makes it a bit easier on me to dig a hole.) So we always go to the 'pooping place' before hitting the streets and he never does it on sidewalks that way. It works for me. smile

At home I usually pick it up, but often it just crumbles to nothing or hubby mows over it too. Raw poop biodegrades really quickly I've discovered! That goes into a shopping bag and into the bin.

I recently saw these poop incinerators people can carry with them but I think they look fairly ridiculous, I mean, just imagine if someone asked 'what's that?' 'Oh, that's just my ash-poopie!' I rest my case.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 9:25pm PST 
I pick up poop. They mostly go in the back yard. I want to be able to enjoy my yard...so poop goes in a bag. One good thing is since it's my yard I don't have to go out in rain/bad weather/dark-I can wait until the next day.

I always have picked up on walks. Sometimes back when we had a dog park I couldn't find it once they had gone. red face
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2