GO!

Picking up Poop

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bunk

Born to Pug

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 11:59am PST 
Who here has either forgotten to pick up their dog's poop or purposely didn't pick it up.
This is a big issue in my apartment complex and I'm just curious to hear what people say.

While I can't recall any time when I didn't pick up after Bunk, I do occasionally toss his poop back towards the community garbage instead of taking it to the garbage and putting it in myself (I only do this at night because the garbage bin is in surrounded by grass and I'm afraid of stepping on poop).

OK pug people, let's have it!
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Nov 5, '11 7:12am PST

[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 12:36pm PST 
I do admit (shame, shame) to have forgotten a poop bag with Bruno in a public place more than once, or I only bring one and he poops twice. It's such a horrible feeling, because I know I don't like seeing other dogs' poop in parks, walking trails, etc. In those circumstances I cover it with leaves/barkchips/whatever is available so no one has to look at it. If it's on the walking path I take a stick and push it off to the side and then cover it.

I don't live in an apartment complex and we have a big yard, so poop cleanup doesn't have to happen right away at home. I typically only pick up the rare doo-doo that's too close to the house or driveway for comfort, usually Bruno and Sampson do their business in the far corners of the yard so I let it be.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 12:58pm PST 
Poo Patrol is done daily at our house (5 dogs) However, when we hike in the foothills...I don't pick up my dogs poo. We are out in the boonies and we see coyote scat and horse dropping. At least my dogs do their business off the trail.
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 1:25pm PST 
I don't pick up the poop while out and about because I don't have to.big grin
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 6:22pm PST 
Sometimes Nicky drops a couple of what I call 'hershey kisses' that isn't even worth wasting a bag over, so, yes, I have left those on occasion but his big dump isn't too far behind those.

Edited by author Fri Nov 4, '11 6:23pm PST

[notify]
Bunk

Born to Pug

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 6:52pm PST 
Well, I am so glad everyone was honest dog walkdog walk
[notify]
Miss- Scarlett

Pick me- up...please!

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 7:05pm PST 
laugh out loudbig laugh Sanka way to go

Miss Scarlett will walk and drop "hershey kisses" too...but I call them "poodleberries." laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:19pm PST 
Just this Thursday we walked with Shiloh on a trail. She pooped, and I didn't have a bag. cry I had to get a stick and push it to the side so no one would step on it. Then I covered it with leaves.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 4:06pm PST 
Once my neighbor and I were walking her lab and she ran out of poop bags, so she had to call her hubby to come and bring her some more. laugh out loud
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 9:23am PST 
I pick up Mikey's mess 99% of the time. I have to since I don't have a yard for him and we walk in my neighborhood.
Once I didn't have any bags on me and I didn't see any newspapers with plastic bags covering them to steal, so I walked home, got ready for work, grabbed a poop bag and on my way to work I stopped at the spot and picked it up.
Mikey's are huge and there was no hiding it. Plus it was on someone's lawn and I'd be pissed if someone did that on my yard.

If Mikey poops in ivy, I won't pick it up. Aint' no one going to be walking through the ivy so I don't care.

Another reason I always pick up after him, (besides it's the right thing to do) I'm convinced Mikey would get blamed for any dog poop on someones yard. Mikey is the most visable dog in the neighborhood and the most walked so I don't need him getting blamed for other dogs droppings.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2