GO!

Squirrels WANT to be chased

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Jazz

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 11:59pm PST 
Not long ago there was a knock at the door and I went to the window to check out this new intruder and let my owner know someone was there. My owner rushed to the door to greet this new source of attention only to come back in with a confused look on his face. Then the knock came again and he rushed to another door to look for this evasive noise with the same results. Then the knock came AGAIN. He rushed over to the window to gain my expert knowledge on the subject only to see a squirrel on the window ledge banging his walnut against the glass less than an inch from my face. Boy did he sure feel silly!
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 8:05am PST 
Jazz, that is sooo funny!

I love going to my Auntie Alison's because she has "Beeps" that do that, too. Only they use acorns.laugh out loud Hence my forum motto!
Video of the darned things

eek
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 9:14am PST 
Way too funny!
We used to have a squirrel that would dance in front of the window. As soon as Sabs barked at it it would stop and dance until I went out and chased it away. The front yard wasn't fenced and it never set foot in the back yard.
[notify]

Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 9:16am PST 
Yes...squirrels are very naughty. I caught one leaning over the fence...taunting my dog with it chirps and chatter...then ran back and forth along the top of the fence....Oh So Naughty laugh out loud
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 6:18pm PST 
Kai is of the opinion that since he must be fenced in,they too,should be (he wouls prefer they be fenced in the same area he is. However will settle for them being fenced somewhere where they cannot run the fence and flip their tails at him. He also believes that the rabbits should go as well because they do come inside his area and Mom&Dad have to go clear the yard before we can go to the potty. Ipersonally believe that anything that strays into our fenced yard should be fair game. Mom and Dad always make us "Leave it". Whose in charge of making them"leave it?"
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Sat Nov 19, '11 1:54pm PST 
Oh the squirrels. Cutest rodents ever, but very devious. Kip and Oogie both have special relationships with them.

We recently moved to a new apartment complex, and let me tell you, the squirrels here are MASSIVE. Like, we have seen multiple ones that are at least the size of Oogie, and a few that are even larger than her. She is 3.5 pounds on a good day!

Oogie seems to pay no mind to them. However, there is one squirrel in particular here who seems to think she is of the lady-variety of squirrel, and he makes his interest known. When we go on walks he follows us from tree to tree as we walk... when we stop for the dogs to sniff around, he comes down from the tree, trying to get as close to Oogie as possible, inching slowly across the grass and leaves. She snubs her nose at him and goes about her business, totally rejecting his interest and advances. We've named this severely confused and love-struck squirrel Howard. I blame Oogie's tail and Howard's clear lack of intelligence for this ongoing issue.

Kip is like most dogs. He wants to chase them, play with them, and then possibly eat them after he's lost interest. Howard, in particular, he would very much like to chew on. Once Kip realizes Howard is in close vicinity of him and Oogie, he gives chase, and Howard goes far enough up a tree to where Kip can not get him but he still has sight of his beloved Oogie. Poor Howard! The whole scenario reminds me of that old PePe le Pew cartoon where he falls in love with a cat that happens to accidentally look like a skunk! laugh out loud
[notify]