GO!

Religious Ads on Dogster?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Sage CGC

Mommy's lil- princess

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 11:37am PST 
Funny thing is, I AM Mormon and have yet to see an ad for it anywhere. How does that work? I know that we were working to get more ads online though, so it might just be that's why it's showing up online more often. smile
[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 1:30pm PST 
The ads I see her are usually ASPCA, dog food, and Mormon ads. Occasionally after I search something on Google an ad for it comes up. thinking But the religious ads don't really bother me that much. I see your point, though.
[notify]
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 9:48am PST 
I see a Mormon one right now too, but I don't even pay attention to those things. Honestly, the ad is so discreet about it being a Mormon ad, that I didn't even notice it WAS one. This ad said something like, "children are the greatest teachers" and at the bottom of the ad in smallish letters says, "mormon.org." People who don't even know what Mormon is may not even notice that as a religious ad.

Unless you guys are seeing something more obviously religious.

The only thing that offended me at one time was the stupid, "What does THIS look like?" and it would be a lamp but in the position to where it looked like....something else. But Dogster took care of that for us. Haven't had an offensive ad since. way to go

Edited by author Thu Sep 29, '11 9:53am PST

[notify]

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 4:59pm PST 
Thanks for the ad blocker tip, B&D! way to go I installed Firefox and got the add on! Yea, annoying ad free!party
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 5:17pm PST 
way to go
[notify]
Dakota

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 10:17am PST 
I wouldn't have a problem seeing a religious ad on Dogster, however I would be upset to see a political ad on Dogster.

Honestly though, if we can't discuss it on Dogster then there should not be ads about it on Dogster.
[notify]
Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 1:38pm PST 
I see an ad for the new Brad Pitt movie and the ASPCA right now. Usually, my ads, like Sage's, are quite specific to me. So, I'll see dog food ads, ASPCA ads, WoW ads, and other various gaming ads. I've yet to see the religious ones. But if I did, I'd probably overlook them. I honestly don't pay much attention to ads. red face
[notify]
Lily Anne

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 3:31am PST 
Bella-thanks for the tip on the ad blocker!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2