GO!

Religious Ads on Dogster?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 2:34pm PST 
I'm not sure how to contact HQ, or where this thread should even go, but I'm really not comfortable seeing ads from a religious group on Dogster. I expect pet related ads, of course.

But even with not pet related ads, considering the diversity of dog lovers on Dogster who no doubt come from all walks of life, I cannot see how something as personal and sensitive a topic as religion could be in the Spirit of Dogster!shrug

What up, Dogster?!!

eta: I did find out you can contact HQ about advertisers specifically, so I did.

But I am wondering if anyone else on Dogster is perplexed and dismayed, considering anytime someone gets too religious or "personal beliefs" in their posts, HQ doesn't like it.

Edited by author Mon Sep 26, '11 2:43pm PST

[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 2:48pm PST 
Actually, other than the specific sponsored ads (like the dog food that was on the grass) Dogster does NOT choose its ads.

I only found this out when I was seeing what looked like a lady's crotch and contacted HQ.

They just say "ads ok for this age, no alcohol, no tobacco, ect" So, unless a dogster user notifies them of some offensive ad they don't know. If you can save a screen shot they might ask for that too.

What browser do you use? I use firefox with the adblocker plugin and I no longer see ads anywhere on the internet! It's great.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 2:56pm PST 
Wow, that's interesting info! Sometimes I use Explorer, sometimes Safari! I guess I better look for those ad-blockers! eek

Thanks, B&D! way to go
[notify]

Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 8:09am PST 
Where are you guys seeing these weird ads? The ones I see are for frozen dinners and pet food!
[notify]
Tucker Max- Small Paws

Tucker Max- Protection- Agency-Pres.

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 11:18am PST 
I see one for Mormom right at the top. It doesn't bother me.I don't click on any of these anyway.
[notify]
Sage CGC

Mommy's lil- princess

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 3:32pm PST 
You know what made me laugh? My ads are what I have searched on google lately, and so they are related..... And I thought that that's how all computers were, but... I sure hope not now that I've read this lol.
[notify]
Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 6:59pm PST 
I've never seen religious ads either. Just pet food and pet products...some other random ones too.shrug
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 8:52pm PST 
I know, usually my pop-ups are from Zappos! shrug laugh out loud

Pretty sure I haven't been to any religious sites that would inspire Mormon pop-ups, which makes me think they've attached themselves to something else in an under-handed way! eek
[notify]
Lily Anne

Let's play!

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 3:14am PST 
Yup- looking at a Mormon ad right now on the right side of the screen. If I move the mouse accidentally over it- it opens up a full screen video ad. Very annoying.How do you access the ad blocker on Firefox?
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 4:51am PST 
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Ju st go to that site while using firefox and install!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2