GO!

blocking group invites?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 46)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Sep 8, '11 9:48am PST 
Again, I keep getting a few invites a week to join the same two groups. The same few pups keep sending the invites. I get invites for every one of my pups I have on Dogster. No one on my friends list is inviting me to join these groups. It's the same few admins of said groups. I don't feel I should have to say anything, if I don't want to join the group, I should be able to just ignore the email like it says and not be constantly re-invited to the group.

Edited by author Thu Sep 8, '11 9:54am PST

[notify]
NOT- Hurricane- Sandy (aka- Thump

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Barked: Fri Sep 9, '11 6:29am PST 
Scruffy....Dogster just did a major upgrade and have a lot of things that need fixing....I doubt they have time to add a new feature at this point, but if it is really an issue for you and you can't get the pups to stop sending requests then peeeemail Dogster through their contact page and put in a Complaint/suggestion....
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Sep 9, '11 9:31am PST 
Scuffy, I directly p-mailed the offending pups asking them to please stop (2 invites in 2 days to the same groups, again).

We'll see what comes of it. Next step is a complaint to HQ.
[notify]

Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 6:18am PST 
Rexy, Next time it happens I will email them and tell them to stop and see what happens. But I still feel like its ridiculous to email them and tell them to stop. We should be able to just ignore the group invite without being constantly re-invited!!

Sandy, I already did email HQ and suggest a new feature. I got emailed back quickly and was told that they passed along my suggestion, so we'll see. I think another pup(s) emailed HQ as well and they were told that the suggestion had been noted.

Edited by author Sat Sep 10, '11 6:23am PST

[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 2:14pm PST 
I replied to one and 'nicely' asked that they stop. The person I p-mailed did apologize. They said something about someone giving them my ID number, like I wanted to be invited??

So far I haven't gotten any more invites.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 4:57pm PST 
So they keep ID numbers on file and keep inviting by ID numbers, so we're like on an invite mailing list?? Weird...sounds a lot like spam. LOL, anyways I'm glad telling the person nicely to stop worked out for you. I haven't been on my computer lately and doing anything from my phone on Dogster besides check the forums is a PITA so I haven't pawmailed them yet.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 46)  
1  2  3  4  5