GO!

blocking group invites?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 2:53am PST 
Is there any way to block group invites? I keep getting spammed by group invites.

Edited by author Fri Sep 16, '11 10:09am PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 11:06pm PST 
I was just thinking that today! Seems like you should be able to decline and no longer be invited over and over.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 12:48pm PST 
I'm hoping we can some how decline and stop be invited over and over. The email notifications just say ignore the invite if you don't want to join. But I get spammed like every week by the same groups! Grrr.
[notify]

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 3:54pm PST 
Hmm, I don't think there is a way to do this, unfortunately. You may have to block ALL Dogster e-mails in your account settings in order to block group invites, which is inconvenient.

It's a great (and needed) feature idea, however, so definitely contact Dogster about it: click here for the contact form.
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 6:05pm PST 
Thanks!

Is there a way to block certain members then? The pupsters who send the spam invites are always the same.

I sent in the suggestion. smile

Edited by author Thu Aug 11, '11 6:13pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 9:10pm PST 
Just a suggestion.....

If it is SAME admins of a group repeatedly asking you.

Politely pmail..... tell them thanks but no thanks.. and that is final.. and please do NOT repeat the Invitation.

If they do keep repeating.. hand it over to HQ.

A polite decline that is ignored.. isnt acceptable.

Dont get into a slanging match with the offenders... just email

support@dogster

Explain.. enclose links to your polite decline pmails.......and let HQ deal with it.

Edited by author Thu Aug 11, '11 9:13pm PST

[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 10:19pm PST 
thanks for the suggestion. smile
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 5:31am PST 
I think you can only block someone from paw-mailing you.

Well, another round-about solution is to join the group, and then select "I'll read messages on my group page" and then you shouldn't ever get the invites again (or any other messages from the group).

Edited by author Fri Aug 12, '11 5:32am PST

Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 11:31am PST 
Thank you!rnrnI was hoping there was a way to do it with out joining the group.oh well. Lol.

Edited by author Fri Aug 12, '11 11:32am PST

[notify]
Dakota

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 4:20pm PST 
I have the same problem as well. It's the same four groups every week, but it isn't always the same fur. It would at the least be nice if the inviter was given the info that the invite for said group to said fur was already sent like we get when we send a PPR that we have sent before. Not only am I in more groups than I can handle, but my group list is way way too long as it is now and it's hard to find a particular group in that long column shock
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5