GO!

Pet Ramps

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Duchess- 7/21/03-1/14- /12 Love U

Sleeping Beauty- needs her beauty- sleep!

Barked: Thu Mar 17, '11 7:30pm PST 
I need to get a pet ramp for Duchess. She was just diagnosed with a torn ACL. Can anyone suggest a good brand that is reasonably priced and where I can buy it?
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 4:29am PST 
wavewave Duchesswavewave...long time no bark!

My Daddy made my rampbig grinbig grin...!
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 8:47am PST 
We made ours, too. Many of the commercial ramps weren't long enough and had to be placed at such a steep angle that my old girl couldn't make it up or down. She was a very large dog, too, and I questioned their stability.

We made ours of two sheets of 1" plywood with a hinges in the middle so we could fold it, then covered it with indoor/outdoor carpet for traction.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Mar 19, '11 11:05pm PST 
I bought a pet ramp today. She won't use it. She is scared of it. How can I get her to overcome her fear of it?
[notify]
Beavis (RIP- my heart)

Dog of my heart

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 10:00am PST 
When my Beavis got old and couldnt get up on our bed, I thankfully had an extra set of hot tub stairs and used that. It worked for a while until he was unable to even use stairs any more.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 8:38pm PST 
Thanks Beavis. I was thinking about exchanging the ramp for the steps. Hopefully, she won't be scared of that either. Duchess is quite the scaredy cat. I was trying to avoid the steps if at all possible but she seems like she can still manage them right now. I will have to talk to my vet and get his opinion.
[notify]