GO!

Love Letters

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 8:16am PST 
I often read lovely letters to pups on here, but they are usually for memorials of a passed pet, and full of tragic mourning. So I would love to start a thread where you guys can all feel free to write lovely, upbeat letters to your pups about how much they mean to you.

I will start:

Dear Sam,

The past ten years spent with you have been filled with love and joy, knowing that I have you next to me to play when I am bored, laugh when I am sad, and even catch my tears on your big scruffy neck. Watching you grow into a handsom adult, watching you play in the grass, roll around under the sun, chasing squirrels in the forest is the best time a person can have.

We had a really rough start. I admit that I was young and stupid when I got you. I didn't treat you how you deserved to be treated. But now when I look into your eyes I see full forgiveness and love. When I sit next to you on your dog bed and you look deep into my soul and throw your paw in the air, and I hold you and stroke your side. I know you forgive me and I am so grateful.

And through everything, you saved my life. I would have been gone without you in those dark days. You pulled me out of it and I don't know how I will live without you. Because you are so wonderful, I forgive you for every poop pile and pee puddle you leave in my kitchen. For every wall you took down and piece of linoleum you pulled up. Even for that favorite umbrella you destroyed. Okay, even for my parakeet Cris that you killed. (Darn you Sam!!!) I know you didn't mean it old bud, it was just a fluffy squeaky flying toy to you.

Now you are old and wise. I can see it written all over your face. But you still hop around like you are eight months old. The way you toss a toy in the air and bark, I would never guess that I probably only have a few more good years with you. And I am so scared for the day that you will be gone. But I cherish every moment that I have with you. I cherish every walk in the forest, and every kiss that I have to force out of you. I love you more than you can imagine. You are my best friend, my companion... my very best man.

Know always how much you mean to me. And please stick around as long as you can. If you do I promise you delicious food every day.

From you loving mama.

And this is for you --->
kitty

FETCH!laugh out loud
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 1:51pm PST 
I will repost this in behavior so people can see it!
[notify]