GO!

What the heck do you think Jack is?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jack

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 4:37am PST 
I'm not sure how to add photos in a post, so I hope you won't mind simply looking at his profile pics.

When Jack was a puppy, he looked pittie. But as he got older, he kind of lost a lot of that...I still feel like I see some in his face, but that's about it. I don't have a good shot of his body, but it's LONG and NARROW, with a deep barrel chest, long legs, loooong tail. Makes me think of a Whippet or Greyhound. He weighs about 50lbs

His coloring is white with red ticking and red ears. His fur type isn't as sleek at it is on pitties, but rather more like that of a Lab, until you get to his legs and hindend....then it's that super sleek and thin pittie/greyhoundy type fur.

His muzzle is kind of boxy and he doesn't have the big jowels of a bully breed exactly. At least not to me.

I've had people say pit/pointer, pit/lab (though I just don't see the lab much now that he's matured more)...I think maybe pit/whippet. His sister looks identical to him in body type and face, but her coloring is more blue merle, like what you'd see on a Heeler....but other than the coloring, I see absolutely zero Heeler or Shepherd or anything.

Just wondering what you guys might think. smile

Edited by author Sun Jan 30, '11 4:38am PST

[notify]
Violet

hey good looking- ....what ya got- cookin

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 8:14am PST 
i would say pitty /lab
he sure is a cuttie pie tho i could just bite him bolhamster dancehamster dancehamster dance
[notify]
Jack

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 12:08pm PST 
He's sooo narrow though! That's what gets me. Obviously pitties are muscular dogs and I think of labs as generally "chunky". I mean I guess it's possible. Genetics come up with some strange things. laugh out loud

And he says "thanks!" btw! wink
[notify]

Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 7:12pm PST 
There are pit bulls that are more "terrier" looking that "bulldog". the original pit bulls weren't as stocky and muscley as they are now. smile
[notify]
Haunter

Ch. BIS- Wandering Spirit- Vom Wildweg CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 11:47am PST 
My friend has an American Pit Bull Terrier Australian Cattle dog cross that looks exactly like him.
[notify]
Jack

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 1:36pm PST 
I suggested Pit/ACD to the director of the rescue's dog program (I volunteer with this rescue) and she seemed to disagree. His sister certainly has the coloring of a blue ACD, so it wouldn't surprise me. Granted, she also said he doesn't look like he has any pittie in him at all once he matured (there's no denying some sort of pit background in that puppy picture!).

I'll try to get some body shots of him - front and side - to show exactly how narrow he is. He's got that streamlined sighthound body.

Haunter, I'd be curious about seeing pics of your friend's dog. Would you mind posting a pic or two?

Edited by author Mon Jan 31, '11 1:37pm PST

[notify]
Prince- Mungo's- Memorial

Prince Prodigy- Puppy

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 3:23pm PST 
Maybe he's mixed with some sort of Shepherd breed? thinking
[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 4:31pm PST 
Hmmm... He looks just a little like Ellie! smile I would say lab/greyhound/pittie. Some labs are more chunky, some aren't at all. puppy
[notify]
Jack

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 4:45pm PST 
Ellie is gorgeous! Love the photo of her sleeping in the corner, lol.
[notify]
Haunter

Ch. BIS- Wandering Spirit- Vom Wildweg CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:00pm PST 
How do I post pics on here? I'd be glad to put one up.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2