GO!

the kindness of strangers

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Violet

hey good looking- ....what ya got- cookin

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 4:01am PST 
yesturday violet and i went out for our walk.we went durning the day since we were supposed to get a bad snow storm that nite.as we were walking by a house a lady ran out her door at us and asked us if we wanted a winter coat for violet.what sweet thing to do.she explaned how her dog passed away and she had no use for the coat any more.i must say she was an angel. the coat fits great and violet loves it
just thought we could all use a nice story.
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 5:48am PST 
That is a sweet woman. hug
[notify]
Tucker

Tucker the- Wonder Dog

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 5:49am PST 
Aww how nice! cloud 9
[notify]

Bronson

It's all about- me

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 8:51am PST 
What a very nice story. Warms the heart to hear such sweet things!blue dog
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 5:02pm PST 
It's nice to know that there're good sameritans out there, it makes the world a better place. big grin Typist was probably a dog in her previous life. X3 she's always been a very friendly outgoing person. She meets gazillions of people on the subway every day, and she always gets compliments from strangers on how beautiful and sweet she is. Now if only David could see that. smile
[notify]
Taichi

Ninja Canine

Barked: Fri Dec 31, '10 2:06pm PST 
Very nice!

I have a similar story actually. I had moved on to my current street not all that long before this happened, so nobody on the street really knew me. I was walking Tai and Rika, and all of a sudden this lady opens her door and asks me if I want a couple of dog coats. I was surprised, but I said sure. She came back outside and tossed me two coats and two dog sweaters. She said her Doxie refused to wear them. We now make regular visits to her house, and her dachsund Doogie is best friends with Tai and Rika.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Jan 1, '11 4:13pm PST 
That's a wonderful story. Just knowing that her former dog's coat can warm another must be a fulfilling feeling for her...

Thanks for a great story! big grin
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sat Jan 29, '11 6:56am PST 
Random acts of kindness seem to be rampant in Seattle. When my sis goes to starbucks, she always pays over what is due, for the next person in line gets theirs free. Its a common practice. In line a the grocer, I bought some bread, when the cashier said how much it was, the woman behind me, said, here, Ill get that for you. I have had many men carry my groceries, and witnessed many strangers assiting elderly.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:59pm PST 
How nice of her. Nice people are awesome.

When I was younger my Mom would buy the food for people in line behind us at fast food places even though we could hardly afford it ourselves. I do it every now and then if I've got some extra cash.

I've given random things to people before, usually it's dog or pet related. I almost always keep a slip-lead in my pocket and can't count the number of times having it has come in handy when someone's dog got lose and ran up to me. I'll also stop what I'm doing and help people look for or catch their dog or cat if I see them.
[notify]