GO!

New dogster "G rating" filter making it impossible to post an UNoffensive, G rated post?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 12:17pm PST 
I know specia list and Trama dol will trigger the filter, without containing "words within words." I don't post often enough to have caught any others yet.

I agree it's extremely frustrating to put so much thought into a post, spend the time to type it out, and then be told it can't be posted. At least with "words within words" you have something concrete to scan for. With random words, there's nothing to be done, really. I could have re-typed my post the other day a dozen times, and I never would have thought to stop using the brand name for Trama dol. There must be something Dogster can do about this.

Edited by author Wed Aug 21, '13 12:19pm PST

[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 12:47pm PST 
First of all, nobody is being "punished." At this time, with the resources available, we had to add words to the "restricted" list in order to stop the spammers. The tech team is seeking a long-term solution, but in the meantime, this is all we've got. Also, EVERYONE must register and create an account in order to post in the Forums.

I wasn't thinking about removing the guideline prohibiting profanity, just profane acronyms. For example, WTF **puts self in a timeout** is commonly used in our Forums now, and nobody even bothers to flag it anymore...
Miss Madhi- (bless her)

The best dog in- the world

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 12:48pm PST 
wristwatch

Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 8:19am PST 
I have not had that problem YET.

On PetSmart I wrote a review for something and it said "Sorry, your review contains vulgar language."

I reread it, just to make sure that I didn't misspell anything...if you know what I mean.

I've been known to do that. smile

Anyhow, I DIDN'T!!!

Grrrr...
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:30pm PST 
Xa-nax (no hyphen) triggers the filter as an "offensive" word. shrug

Edited by author Thu Oct 10, '13 12:35pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6