GO!

GROOMING

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chauncey

Prefers the left- side of the- sidewalk

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 11:47am PST 
Any tips/advice/warnings on grooming the Old English?
I read one thing - be careful about getting wet, particularly if the hair is already a little matted. Moisture makes the hair weaker which makes existing matting worse, and care needs to be taken to make sure new mats are created after a bath.
[notify]
Bliss

Riding in the- car with my head- out the w

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '08 4:16am PST 
I use Horse Mane grooming spray, which mists and allows some damp hair to be groomed,and keeps it from being tangled. I only do one section at a time. I got the spray in the horse supplies at Fleet farm and it does a good job. After a bath I use a spray conditioner and brush her lightly, and use a claw for pulling out any mats. The main thing I have found out is always brush them in the same spot everytime. That way they know that it is grooming time and will be more patient with you.
[notify]
Aska

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 4:40am PST 
If I were you, I'd start being on http://forum.oes.org/
On that website are only OES owners, and everything about sheepie.
After I started on that site I've had NO problem with my OES cheer
[notify]