GO!

Temperment?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chauncey

Prefers the left- side of the- sidewalk

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 11:43am PST 
I have my third OE sheepdog, and I love the breed. This one is a bit more aggressive than the two before, which I want to chalk up to him being a pound dog because the pound didn't know any of his background/history. Any thoughts on how a typically friendly breed can be trained back into their genetic temperment, or am I going about this all the wrong way?
[notify]
Keenyah Jean

Keenyah- -America's Next- Top Model

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '08 2:12pm PST 
Honestly, It probably has a lot to do with his background! I think you need to enroll him in some classes(obedience, maybe even a behavioralist).....Also, make sure its known at all times who is the pack leader(you)...Don't EVER let your guard down on that because they will take advantage of it! Be stern but fair......dog
[notify]