GO!

Breeders

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Koda- Malachai

Barked: Fri Dec 23, '11 7:43am PST 
I have been doing a lot of research and I am down to four breeders:

Breton Brook- Seems awesome so far and I am on the waiting list, I just wish they had more color variations. Does anyone have a dog from here? How was your experience?

Terra Pines- I have read some bad reviews since I have been added to the waiting list. Does anyone have a dog from here? How was your experience?

Sacred Song- Seems pretty good and within driving distance and I am trying to get on the waiting list. Does anyone have a dog from here? How was your experience?

Night Eyes- Seems like the best option for color variation and temperament but it looks like from them you just buy when you're ready vs. waiting on a list so I will have to look again when I am ready. Does anyone have a dog from here? How was your experience?

Any info/advice would be much appreciated. I have fallen in love with the NAID and SID and I cannot wait to get one, I just want to make sure I make the right choice and invest my time and money into the best breeder.

Thank you!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 2:39pm PST 
Hello, I am currently in the process of researching NAID breeder's as well a came across all the ones you did. I was wondering if you ever ended up choosing a breeder and if so how was the experience?
[notify]
Miacho

Best Nose Around

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 11:03am PST 
I went as far as submitting an application and almost putting a deposit down to wait for a pup (she will only breed if she has enough innterest/deposits) but ended up adopting a dog needing a new home from Night Eyes Farms.

Shirley was the best. She kept in email contact giving us advise on how to make him happy and how to make us happy. Some time later she emailed to check on his progress. I am so happy and we would love to adopt again from her. We are thinking we want to go the puppy route though the next time around.

Hope this has been helpful!
[notify]

Koda- Malachai

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 7:20am PST 
Hello,

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

We will be getting our puppy soon, most likely from Breton Brook Indian Dogs. They are wonderful, prompt with responding to emails, great support when you bring your puppy home and throughout life! I have met with and spoken extensively to most of the owners of Breton Brook's puppies and they all had great experiences. This is why we originally picked Breton Brook and have been on their waiting list (and had to pass a couple times) since November 2011.

For our first pup we want the whole package- great temperament, male, and we're picky about the coat color. There is another breeder who branched off from Breton Brook but she does not have a website or anything yet. I think she is trying to keep it really small for now as she is only having her first litter this winter/spring. We have third pick from the Breton Brook litter and 2nd pick (first of the males) in the other breeders litter so hopefully we will have a puppy by late spring. Either way, we will definitely be getting a puppy from Breton Brook at some point, it just might not be our first.
[notify]