GO!

Skin growth

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

CLEO

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 5:23pm PST 
Hi! I'm new to the site but there seems to be a lot of nice mini schnauzers around, a good place to get some answers! They just found two very little skiing growths behind my left ear. They DO NOT look like bumps but rather elongated skin tags. They are white/lite grey in color and do not itch or bother me in any way. They do not ooze and feel kind of hard. I read about Schnauzer bumps but these are nothing like it. Anyone has any idea what could they be? I would say they are about 1/16in. thick and 1/8in. long and are attached to my skin on one end, kind of the way hair grows....
[notify]

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 6:54pm PST 
Our miniature schnauzer, Jinx, had the exact same skin things and I took her to the vet yesterday fearing it was some sort of disgusting parasite. The vet checked her very carefully and looked at the "things" under a microscope, and determined that they were just skin tags. She also said that schnauzers are famous for getting weird (but often harmless) skin conditions. She said they get pimples, too. We're just so happy it's nothing gross, disgusting, or contagious!
Our little dog came from the suburbs and now lives on our hobby farm and she is a courageous, energetic farm dog. She loves to bark at fish in the pond and go for rides on the kayak. Despite being built like a cement block, she is a terrific swimmer! We really enjoy her and my 13-year-old daughter says she's her best friend. She's a great outside dog when she's outside, and a great inside dog when she's inside.
[notify]