GO!

My 9 years doggy (snaucer) cannot poo or pee by himself!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Nov 27, '11 7:14pm PST 
One day, suddenly, my doggy refused to move. He can still stand up with his front feet. However, he's unwilling to get up nor move. Upon x-ray, we found out that his digestive system has been blocked by poo. Doctor helped to release the poo. However, he seems not able to pee nor poo by himself since then.

Doctor recommends operations and suspects his nerve controlling poo/pee was damaged. An alternative solution was to give him a heavy dose of anti-biotic hoping to stimulate the digestive system to work again. However, chance of success of either approach does not seem high.

I would like to find out if others have heard about this before and how have you dealt with this problem.
[notify]