GO!

Best food for my sensitive stomach?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
In Memory of- Maggie- 2002-2011

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 5:47pm PST 
Maggie has had skin/stomach problems for a long time. Currently a vitamin liquid mixed with whatever food she is able to eat has helped more than anything. Avoid corn, but didn't know about the chicken problem so I will try to weed that out and see what happens! Thanks!
[notify]
Shelby

I never met a- sock I didn't- like

Barked: Wed Sep 17, '08 7:17pm PST 
I think Shelby is the poster child for dogs with a sensitive stomach! We've tried probably 18 different premium dog foods and nothing really helps. Finally, I've decided to cook for her after a horrible episode last week when I tried Purina ProPlan Sensitive. It was awful: coming out both ends all night long. It's only been a little over a week but she seems livelier to me and no barfing.

Are you doing any better, Isabelle? I know this thread is from a while ago.
[notify]
Lady

"I'm the Baby!"

Barked: Sat Dec 6, '08 8:21am PST 
I eat Natural Balance food and treats and don't have any stomach problems. Natural Balance can be purchased at Petco.
[notify]

Charlie "the- ferocious- beast "

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 11:07pm PST 
Blue Buffalo has a really good line of food. Any kind of Holistic its worth the shot !

your pup is adorable!
[notify]
In Memory of- Maggie- 2002-2011

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 5:59pm PST 
Just as a follow-up, I have been eating Nutro for sensitive skin/stomachs for the last two months and my skin and coat have never looked better. Treats are the omega-3 infused, that are NOT from China...always amazes me how EVERYTHING is made in China these days...remember that is where all the tainted food and treats came from a few years ago.

Happy Easter!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 9:58pm PST 
I have a 4 yr old pure bred mini-poodle. I went to 5 vets before I got his loose stools figured out. Two vets wanted to cut him open and take a biopsey. Finally one vet said Science Diet ZD with pumpkin and probiotic...sort of worked. Next a small town elderly vet called
science diet who said take him off of everything but ZD and metamucil.
This worked quite well and I passed it on to a friend who had same problem and it worked for her but didn't want to use Rx kibble. She talked to a Health food store person in this tiny town who said she heard Taste of the Wild Lamb and Rice worked. Wallah!!!..it works perfectly with a little metamucil. I tossed the pricey pancreatic medicine that I never used.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2