GO!

Best food for my sensitive stomach?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Isabelle

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 4:21pm PST 
Do you have an recommendations for my mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix with a very sensitive stomach? (She 5 years old and just recovered from an undiagonsed illness...3 different vets said that she could have had pancreatitis or IBS, but the blood tests were inconclusive.) Thanks for your help!
[notify]
Angel

Princess

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 9:56am PST 
Angel was having bad skin and tummy problems and we switched to Eukanuba Natural Lamb and Rice. We haven't had any problems at all now.

Good luck with the tummy troubles!
[notify]
Dr. Diesel

It's MY Barkday- 3-17-08!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '08 2:13pm PST 
I switched over to Royal Canin for Mini Schnauzers, but mommy & I noticed that they carry one for sensitive tummy's. Mommy also asked at Petsmart what other food could she mix in with the small 2.5 lb bag they carry and they told her anything that is stocked in that aisle. All natural and good for me.
[notify]

Frida

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 11:41am PST 
I can not tell you enough as to how good The Honest Kitchen food is. I volunteer for rescue and we get so many sick pups and HK has been the solution. I feed my pups Embark and Force. For you, I would probably recommend Thrive as it has less ingredients than their other products as it has been proven to work with sensitive tummies. I have a coupon for their website if you are interested www.thehonestkitchen.com

10% off Coupon TK10PCTHK - no expiration date, no minimum purchase

Please let us know which product you decide on.
[notify]
Mason- Anderson

Cake, I love- Cake!

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 5:59am PST 
Schnauzers are notorious for sensitive stomachs and skin. I have tried nearly every food out there and will throw most all of them up after four to six weeks. What mom and I have learned is that it is very important for us to avoid chicken and corn. I had to switch to a fish and sweet potato food to get away from the chicken. And the holistic dog foods that use less ingredients work best for me. I have had good look with Wellness, Solid Gold, Innova, Dick Van Patten. I have not tried the Honest Kitchen but since they are holistic they are probably great.

What was important for me was for mom to determine what I was allergic to. I hardly ever chew my paws and my skin issues have mostly gone away except when it gets really hot and my vomiting is down to a minimum since mom has eliminated chicken and corn. And believe me, chicken is EVERYWHERE in dog food!

Hope you get better!

Mason
[notify]
Maxx

sugar and- pepper!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 9:37am PST 
Science Diet has a prescription food for pancreatitis -- ask your vet. Or lamb and rice formulas are supposed to be good.
[notify]
Nina

I promise I have- two eyes :)

Barked: Fri May 16, '08 2:08pm PST 
Nina eats Canidae All Life Stages, she has only been eating it a week or so though.
[notify]
Sophie

If it's not a- Schnauzer, it's- just a dog

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '08 9:08am PST 
Science Diet makes a Sensitive Stomach formula that is wonderful. I work at a vet clinic and have seen amazing results with all breeds that have trouble with digestion. My mini Schnauzers have to stay away from wheat, which is the main ingredient in most foods, because of skin allergies. Right now they are eating Science Diet Chicken & Rice and they are doing great on it. The doctors I work with have said that mini Schanuzers are "poster children" for pancreatitis. It's really important not to feed your dog human foods. Greasy foods are especially dangerous. Most people worry about their dog eating chocolate, but never think about what fries, popcorn and potato chips are doing to their pup. It's hard not to share your snack with your best friend, but sometimes tough love is the best love! big grin
[notify]
Buddy

Bundle of energy

Barked: Wed Jun 11, '08 4:39pm PST 
I have lots of tummy problems and after many different foods and a trip to the Dog-ter they tell me that I'm border line Pancreatitis so for the past year I have been on Science Diet ID, and have been doing a lot better.
[notify]
Scooby

nino

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 6:14am PST 
Sorry about your tummy Isabelle, after trying 3 different foods I found that the best for scooby sensity tummy was Nutro (chicken,rice and oatmeal) He's doing great !!!!! He also eats oatmeal biscuits for treats and organic chicken.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2