GO!

Most common diseases on the Miniature Schnauzer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
HoneyBuns

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 1:39pm PST 
My shnauzer mix has really itchy dry skin and sometimes a sensitive tummy (which the dr gives her pepcid) other than that shes good too go smile
[notify]
Elsa

I am Daddy's- princess

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 6:44pm PST 
I've got Schnauzer bumps from time to time and a sensitive tummy too. Daddy doesn't let me have anything with corn in it. Corn isn't good for us doggies.

Daddy treats those darn bumps with a special shampoo he got from the doctors office.

Woof! dog

Elsa
[notify]
Romeo

AKC: Romeo Von- Riddle

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 2:17pm PST 
I had two past miniture schnauzers that were both diabetics and Bacchus was for 1 yr and Sasha was for 5 yrs! And I'm hoping that I never get to that point!
[notify]

Beau(Dearly Missed)

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '07 1:08pm PST 
I'm getting a Miniature Schnauzer soon should I reconsider it. I don't want my puppy to be miserable or in pain. Please help!!!!!!cry
[notify]
Grigsby Von- Jutz

Born To Be Wild

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '07 1:03pm PST 
I have schnauzer bumps too but my vet prescribed an allergy medicine that you can get over the counter at Target just the cheap brand of Claritin and now they are all gone. Give it a try the doctor just said it was allergies from the grass and other things in the air. It’s just that schnauzers skins more sensitive supposedly then other breeds so that’s why they show up more according to what the vet told me.
[notify]
Venus

Greedy

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '07 11:35am PST 
My minature schanuzer weighs 30 pounds. Apparently I made a lot of mistakes in the 3 years I've had her. I've cut back on her food and I give her diet dog food. 4 days a week I walk her twice a day and two days I walk her once a day. It seems that no matter what I do she is not loosing the weight. She waits until 11 or 12 at night to eat and recently I began taking her bowl up if she doesn't eat before 9.

Any suggestions on what to do. I do give her treats but I see now I need to stop.
[notify]
Digit

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '07 1:09pm PST 
I am a miniature schnauzer and I am blind and suffer from diabetes. I became blind roughly around the same time I was diagnosed with diabetes, so I do not know if they are related or are complete different things. I also have a slight case of schnauzer bumps as well. Schnauzers seem to have a lot of health issues!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 8:56pm PST 
I have a boston terrior that weighted forty five Lbs his normal weight was to be twenty five my vet put toby on a green been kibble diet halve cup of kibble to half cup of greens if they dont act full just add more green beans toby went from forty five Lbs to twenty five in a few months excersize helps everyone
[notify]
Mukaluka- Dirtypaws

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 11:34am PST 
If Claritin helped, it might not have been Schnauzer bumps at all. Just an allergic reaction. Though it may be possible for an allergic reaction to trigger Schnauzer bumps.

One way to tell is that Schnauzer bumps usually appear on the back. See www.Schnauzer-Bumps.info
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2