GO!

14 week old with diminished appetite.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Luna

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 8:52pm PST 
My girl seems to have lost her insatiable appetite. For the past two days she seems completely uninterested in her food and will only eat about 3/4 of her usual portion if I hand feed her one piece of kibble at a time. Has anyone else experienced this. I have a vet appointment scheduled for Friday, but should I try to get one sooner seeing as it's been going on for two days?
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 10:17pm PST 
You should probably take her to the vet as soon as you can. One of the many signs that something is wrong with your dog is loss of appetite; Min Pins have huge appetites for how little they are. So unless your dog just decided it hates its food (but dont change food just because dog is stubborn, this will lead to the dog thinking it has control over you)then she might have something wrong with her. I hope this helped.
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 6:27pm PST 
I took her to the vet and she is completely healthy. The vet thinks she just plateaued in her growth spurt & didn't have much of an appetite during that time. She's back to her normal self gobbling up all her food!
[notify]