GO!

Future Min Pin Mom Looking for advice!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:56pm PST 
Hi there!

I will hopefully be getting a min pin in the near future but I am a little nervous but mostly excited. I have been reading everything that I can find (and the dogster forums definitely help, too!) and the breeder is working with me and answering questions as well, which makes me feel much better.

I joined here because I wanted to get the opinions of some people who already have min pins in their family. It is just my mother and I (I am 25 but I live at home right now) and we are very excited about the puppy. We've owned dogs before but never the min pin so this will be a new experience for both of us.

I guess what I'm asking is this: Is there anything that I should look out for when I bring the pup home? I read that they can be brittle boned and are very exciteable. Does the breed have any other quirks that you as min pin owners have noticed?
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 12:34pm PST 
With any puppy, slow safe exposure is really important. Make sure that the pup is exposed to everything in his home environment is a positive way. Reading a book about puppies and basic training is a good start, and also I would strongly suggest a puppy socialization class and basic obedience after. Before you get your pup make sure you have researched everything so you dont have any surprises when you actually have a crazy pup living with you! I would suggest looking in to food types, I fed raw to my min-pin and he did so well on it! But now that I also have a doberman, raw was to expensive, so I a on a 5 start holistic dog foor brand (No filler or grains and meat and veggies)
[notify]