GO!

adrenal tumor

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 9:52pm PST 
my min pin has just had a adrenal tumor found when ultrasound was done. Has anyone else had their min pin have such a horrid find? or issues with Cushings? etc
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 8:19pm PST 
Sorry to hear. So your dog has cushings that is secondary to the tumor ? I think the two options are surgery or medication. I understand that the best option is to get the dog stable with medication prior to surgery. Dogs that get this done fair better that dogs that just go to surgery and then their hormones crash waiting for the other adrenal to kick in. Left side adrenal is easier to get to than the right, although a QUALIFIED surgeon should be able to do this. It is major surgery. I wish you and your dog the best !
[notify]