GO!

Itchy Due to Allergies

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Mia- Bathsheba- Ulysses- Gwendoly

Snuggle Bunny

Barked: Fri Jul 29, '11 6:13pm PST 
Hello, My name is Lainey and my Min Pin is named Mia. Mia is 3 yrs. old.

Mia has had issues with outdoor allergies this season for the first time. There is something outside that she apparently eats and her whole face swells, however, I think I have gotten that under control with some allergy pills from the vet.

The problem I am trying to solve at this time is that she seems to be scratching, A LOT! Mostly on her legs and stomach. She also licks her feet and legs a lot. From my research I believe this to be due to some sort of outdoor allergies. She does not have fleas, but she is sensitive to flea medications.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Does anyone have any solutions?

I would really like something hollistic or natural, I don't really want to use something that is going to cause side effects (to the liver or kidneys, etc.)

Thanks for the help everyone!! Mia really appreciates it and so do I!!
[notify]