GO!

How long has/have your minpins lived

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gobie *RIP- Sweet Boy!*

Throw the- Chicken!!

Barked: Sat Jan 2, '10 8:34pm PST 
Gobie is getting up there in age, in 9 days he turns 14. He's been pretty healthy up to now, he has some lipomas, had a long illness fighting off tonsilitis, has cervical disc disease but that is currently well under control. He is a busy boy still! Loves to go on walks, although a mile a day is plenty for him, otherwise he sleeps for the next couple of days. I'd like to think he'll make 18, but I read that 15 is about all you can expect. Which makes me sad that I would only supposedly have one year left with him. He was an outstanding agility and obedience dog when he was still sound and could hear. He was a N A U G H T Y boy, and still is, as he permanently wears a belly band indoors. so how long ahve your past minpins lived or how old is your minpin now?
[notify]
NIKITA

PRINCESS

Barked: Sun Jan 3, '10 9:28am PST 
HI, GLAD TO HEAR THAT GOBIE WILL B 14 YRS OLD SOON. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LUVparty
NIKITA MY MIN PIN TURNED 12 IN OCTOBER AND IS STILL QUITE ENERGETIC. SHE STARTING CATARACTS BUT OTHERWISE SHE CAN BEHAVE LIKE A 2 YR OLD WHEN SHES IN THE MOOD. I ALSO READ 15 YRS IS WHAT THEY LIVE TO. HOWEVER MY FRIEND HAD A CHIHUAHUA CROSS MIN PIN WHO LIVED TO 18. YOU CANT GENERALIZE, ITS UP TO GOBIES HEALTH. HOPE HE LIVES TO BE 20. GOOD LUCK. NIKITA AND HER MOMMY CATHI (SOUTH AFRICA)
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 10:17pm PST 
My grandmother had a Miniature Pinscher that lived to be 17 years old!
[notify]

Misty

more Cheeto's- please.......

Barked: Sat May 15, '10 9:34am PST 
The life span of a Miniature Pinscher is actually 12 to 14 years but with in all breeds there are those that can live longer than this. I have had ones live to 19 and several to 16. Majority of mine though over the years have passed away within the 12 to 14 year span.
[notify]
Miley

Miley Min Pin

Barked: Mon May 24, '10 2:22pm PST 
I am soo glad to hear that the pins normally live such a long life! I have only had my min pin for 3months, but I am having a very hard time dealing with the fact that I have to leave her next month cry We are going to the beach for a week, and I am already dreading it.
[notify]
Jack CD/CDX,- CGC

I nap, therefore- I am.

Barked: Thu Jun 24, '10 12:14pm PST 
Jack is 12 and just now starting to show his age, in the last year he started to get some grey, he is losing his hearing, it's getting harder to keep weight on him, and he doesn't have the energy that he always did when he was younger.

Last month we took him for his wellness exam and he had a full blood panel done and physical and the vet says he is very healthy! I hope he still has many years left, we recently added a puppy brother to our household and that has put a spring in his step again big grin
[notify]
Jake Michael- Smith

Barked: Tue Sep 14, '10 12:11pm PST 
I am glad you MinPin is doing good...

I have a 1 year old Min Pin and a 3 month old min pin. I hope they live to 18+!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 12:08pm PST 
Belle is 12 in May 2013 and is very attached to me. She was raised as an orphan in my shirt pocket, and loves sitting on my shoulder to this day. An amazing little lady she is!
[notify]