GO!

Is your minpin friendly to strangers?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Mickey

Smells like- bacon!

Barked: Mon Oct 11, '10 7:52am PST 
My mini pin, Mickey, is 10 weeks old. He is very friendly with strangers and does well with children as long as they do not "bug" him. Meaning, do not grab him, rough play, or try to get him to pay attention to that person. They will go up to a stranger on there own. Mine will sniff the strangers hand and lick, has never barked at a stranger. The same with children has long as the child is calm.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:43am PST 
My min pin Isis is fine with SOME strangers. She is also a rescue I got 3 months ago that is 3. She's super well behaved with me but when she meets any man in the area here (live I an apartment) she growels, shows her teeth and is they still try to pet her she will bite, she also doesn't really like my boyfriend much at all. She's not a barker much but groweling for sure. All I know about her first he was she was raised to be a show dog and then was still too little and didnt measure up. Idk if there was abuse of if this is just her. Oh.....and she's ok with super little kids like toddlers but like 8 year olds male or female the growels kick in again.
[notify]
Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:16pm PST 
Brutus generally barks for hours when we have guests. He seems to love my brother's girlfriend, though. Everyone else he will bark at.
[notify]

Sassy

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 10:22am PST 
My minpin female will bark and growl relentlessly at strangers, but if they sit down she's on their lap.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3