GO!

Help female Mini Doxie may have bred with a Sheltie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 4:40pm PST 
FIRST off let me state that I do plan to take her to the Vet to determine if she is in fact pregnant... But I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight unless I hear from another Doxie owner.

My neighbors Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) got into my back yard and was with my mini Doxie Riley. Riley WAS in heat and I had debated on either breeding her, as she does come from breeding lineage or spaying her... I had decided I would spay her after her heat cycle. I know I procrastinated too long, but this was not a rush, as she is our only little girl, and I did not think there would be a risk. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Anyway, I am seeing her get a little chunky now and while I thought I caught them before they actually "did the deed" I am scared that she may have gotten pregnant. This was about 5 weeks ago now. I believe the Sheltie to be under 20 pounds and my Riley is about 7-8 or so.

I am worried about putting her through the surgery at this late stage of pregnancy, if in fact she is pregnant... BUT I am also worried that letting her whelp the pups will kill her.

Anyone have any experience or advice PLEASE help me... She is my world... I love her very, VERY much! I can not believe I let this happen... Believe me I've kicked myself a 1000 times over for it!!!
[notify]