GO!

New Mini Dachshund parents

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Winston

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 2:09pm PST 
My fiancé and I are going to be mini daschunds parent very soon. Right now Winston is only about five weeks old, but we cannot wait for his arrival. We have just a few weeks left to get ready for him. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks to get our home and us ready for Winston's arrival.

Some facts about us and out home:

- We live in a two bedroom apartment, and we've lived here about a year now.
- We have a cat Tigger he's about 7 years old. He's very lovable, playful and loves anyone that'll pet him and rub his tummy. He's also has lived with other cats as well as dogs.

I look forward to hearing everyone's advice and tips. smile
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 8:49pm PST 
Well make sure he gets walks everyday. The miniature dachshund needs lots of exercise from my experience. Be careful of what you feed him too. Keep a balanced diet because dachshunds are very prone to skin rashes if fed the wrong food. Plus some mini dachshunds get a bit chubby if over fed. Some dachshunds bark if they feel they are threatened. This is definitely the breed of dog I recommend to people. I hope you love your new buddy! They are so loveable,playful,and fun! Have fun with him! smile
[notify]