GO!

balding wienies?!?!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
NuNu - {Nubert- Nubinsky}

adopt a shelter- dog!!

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 10:41am PST 
hi to all my doxie pals!! i was reading through some of the postings and i see there are quite a few balding doxies.... i myself have no hair on my tummy and my tail is almost bald and i am thinning through my sides... i figured this would be a good place for us to share our expierences with the vets and stuff about our balding.... my vet said it was canine pattern baldness, i have had blood tests to check my thyroid and i have had many skin scrapings and the only conclusion is pattern baldness...
[notify]
~~ Cinna's- Caramel- Delight ~~

I am quite the- Little- Princess!!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 6:24pm PST 
cheer Hey,hey NuNu...!!!!! its me Cinna!!!! Bouncer and i both have thining hair on our chest area..mommy read its very common in dachshunds.
[notify]
Bailey

"Twenty hours of- sleep and I need- a nap"

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 5:04pm PST 
ME TOO!! I am losing hair on the sides of my head...my tummy is already all bald! It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Either of guys want to be my friend?
[notify]

adopt a shelter- dog!!

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '07 1:32pm PST 
yey more bald doxie BOL!!!! baily we would love to be pals with you!!!! baldy doxies are the best!!
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:31pm PST 
I have a bald spot on my chest. Our vet also said it was very common in dachsies...and very obvious on me being a black-coated long-hair laugh out loud.

But Mommy wasn't so sad about that as.......she found a gray hair on me a couple of weeks ago. Just one, but she got very upset by this. I don't understand at all, but I tried to make her feel better with snuggles and kisses.

Humans are weirdos sometimes!
Charlie- Brown

Little man

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '07 1:53pm PST 
Hi doxie buddies! I thought I would write that when my mommy got me I had some interesting bald spots that the vet called "hot spots," and my mommy put this cream on them that was also used for athlete's foot and ring worm! They mostly went away. But now that I am 2, I am having what I think you call pattern baldness. I'm losing hair around my ears, on my back, tummy, and tail! This is different from what I had when I was little because this is more of thinning rather than obvious circles with no hair at all. Good to know I'm not the only one going bald at my young agesmile
[notify]
Emma

Relentless

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '07 3:35pm PST 
I am losing hair behind me ears, I was wondering why, but now I know it is just a common thing for my breed!!
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '07 10:31am PST 
I'd rule out any allergies and evaluate your diet. I know very few Dachshunds who have this problem of the many I know. The belly however with friction for us super deep chested ones can be a bit bare just from friction as we live our lives.
[notify]

adopt a shelter- dog!!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '07 6:17pm PST 
we have ruled out every heath issue it could be, hes just a baldie thinking

and rondo i have a grey hair too!!!! its on my rump area, BOL
[notify]
Katy

Let's play!!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '07 7:19am PST 
i was getting really worried! everytime my mommy, daddy and grandma would look at my ears, touch them, and make sad faces frown. they didn't know why i am going bald. mommy is taking me to the vet this weekend to get me checked out just in case.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3