GO!

HELP PLEASE! I do not know what he wants..

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Foster

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 12:26pm PST 
HELP PLEASE! I do not know what he wants...I just got him a couple days ago and the owners said nothing.

he's 2 yr old and he will lay on floor and spring up and keeps doing it like he wants to play or something but I don't know he could miss his family that gave him away..I wished they told me his habits,his play likes,and etc.

He is a mini australian shephard.
[notify]
Pip

She\'s a Pip of- a dog

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 9:00pm PST 
Try just sitting on the floor with treats in your pocket and see if he comes to you. Does he like to play with a ball or a frisbee? My mini LOVES the frisbee and will heard large balls around the house. It would also be good to know if he's food motivated. Try asking him to perform a trick he knows (sit is usually good to start with) and reward with food/treats. If he seems excited it's a good thing. Exercise is also another big thing for aussies. I can take mine for a 3 mile bike ride and she'll still have enough go to go out again at night. 2 walks a day is needed if he's under 2, should help with indoor behavior. Good luck!
[notify]