GO!

Standards for Mini Aussies (Kink Tails)?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Loki

Tennis- ball...Must get- tennis ball...

Barked: Sat Jun 19, '10 1:15pm PST 
Okay, so I have an eleven month old Mini Aussie named Loki and a couple of days ago, for hygiene reasons, I decided to clip him off (he's a dirty, dirty dog unfortunately) and well, there's always been something a little off with his tail. I would note something weird about it, but I just thought it was my imagination and then before we clipped him off, my friend was wondering if he had a broken tail, but after clipping him we discovered he has a kink in his naturally stubbed tail and when my mother saw it during one of our walks, we get into a little bit of an argument about whether a kink tail was against the standards?

Not that it matters much, seeing as how Loki isn't nor can he be registered, but I'm very curious. I tried to find it, but could find no mention of kink tails being a fault or not. So, I'm just wondering, is it considered a fault? If so, wouldn't people just dock off to the top of the kink or is there a minimum on how short an Aussie's tail can be?

Thanks so much in advance!
[notify]
Saddlebacks Huckleberry Finn

Im a Lover not a- Fighter!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:58pm PST 
Genetic causes of birth defects, also called congenital defects, can occur from a variety of events. Mutations, or changes in the genetic material known as DNA, can result in production errors. This could be caused by trauma, malpositioning, or a pharmacologic interference. Approximately 6% of pups born will have some type of developmental defect. These will range from very minor (kinked tail tip) to major (cardiovascular anomaly).
[notify]