GO!

Am I a lurcher?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bill

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 8:51am PST 
My name is Bill and I have just been adopted by a lovely couple from a greyhound/whippet/lurcher rescue here in UK. My owners were told I am none of them but a mixture of lots laugh out loud I was rescued from a gypsy traveller site in Wales and very emaciated when I was rescued and I was in the rescue for 18 months.

I don't bark and get very excited by small dogs, small animals and cats so my new family were wondering if you would class me as lurcher? They were told that I may have bull breed in me (Staffordshire bull terrier, bull mastif or English bull terrier) and they think I have some kind of sight hound/long dog in me. There are a few photos of me on my page which may give you more of an idea cheer

Edited by author Thu Jan 10, '13 12:58pm PST

[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 6:12pm PST 
You sure look like a Lurcher, Bill way to go

Click here to view a quick guide about the different types of Lurchers.

Your boy certainly looks more Lurcher like than my Tyler, but he has Lab in him too which has made him more chunky in appearance.
[notify]