GO!

ucky eyes?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Miles

Miles Davis!

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 5:16pm PST 
Does any other little Lhasa's have gunky eyes all the time? I get my face washed at night so the hair doesn't get tear stains. My eyes get sore in the summer and I need drops. How about the rest of you?cry
[notify]
Maggie

Will Dance for- Treats

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 9:51am PST 
I definitely get gunky eyes! Mom uses an over the counter eyewash once a week on grooming day and makes sure to comb the gunk out of my hair. My new brother has matted gunk under his eyes that has to grow out a little so Mom can get the scissors under the mats. It's so sad!
[notify]
Duffy

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 7:14pm PST 
Make sure you check your dog's eyes frequently. Lhasa's are susceptible to eye diseases, including dry eye. My late, beloved Lhasa had that disease, which caused him to go blind in one eye at about nine years of age, and eventually he went almost completely blind by the time he died.

If the tear duct is showing, that is a bad sign. Also green discharge. Your dog should have tears, not gunk.
[notify]