GO!

hi im new here but have a question

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Shaggy

the alpha dog in- the house

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 2:07pm PST 
I tend to growl if im disturbed when i sleep, even to the point of snapping at my mom, she also can not take any food out of my mouth or I get upset and growl.. how can she get me to change this bad habit of mine?

Shaggy
[notify]
Gabe the Dog

It's Gabe. Gabe- the Dog

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 6:55pm PST 
Ask your vet for a good recommendation for a behaviorist. Being startled in your sleep is pretty common. Food aggression could escalate to more. Sort of depends on your situation, how old is the dog, etc. Gabe has a puppy mill background, we've worked with a good trainer and know how to manage most situations, but I would never in a million years be able to physically take food out of his mouth. He'll obey a drop it command though. Hope you are working through this ok
[notify]