GO!

Possibly a Lakeland?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gracie Lou

Half dachsie,- all moxie!

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '09 12:02pm PST 
I've been trying to figure out what breed (or breeds) my dog Gracie is. I came across a picture of a Lakeland terrier today that looks just like her. I'm wondering if you guys think she might possibly be one, or at least a mixed breed.

Thanks!
Kelle
[notify]
"Jocey- Wales" CH- Cherry Creek

I am not a toy I- am a real live- dog

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 2:33pm PST 
Hi,

Gracie is very very cute.

I would say Gracie is definitely a PRT Parson Russell Terrier or JRT cross or might have some other terrier mix (Norwich, etc. or Dachshund in her.

Lakelands are never white with the exception of a small spot on the chest (any white on a Lakeland is to be severely penalized as far as the breed standard reads). JRT's, & PRT's, are a mostly white dog with colored points. A lakeland would either be of a solid color, red, blue, black, or liver. Or a saddled dog of these colors always with a mix of tan never white.

A Lakeland is exactly as tall as they are long they are between 14-15" at the withers or shoulder. PRT's are also square also around 14" at the shoulder. A JRT should be longer than they are tall. They have much more variation in heights than the other two. They can be between 10-14" at the withers. Hope this answers your question.

Lakelands do not shed and the broken type coats on the other two shed little but still shed.

Edited by author Sun Jun 7, '09 2:36pm PST

[notify]