GO!

black or blue?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jaeger- Meister von- Laker Blue

The- "Shredenator"

Barked: Fri May 4, '07 2:17pm PST 
Black or blue? tis that the question.

Anyone know the difference between a black lakeland and a blue lakeland??? Right now I am pretty dark but I still have my puppy hair. Underneath I am dark grayish colorthinking
Help me figure out what I am????
[notify]
brookie in- memory

no, I am not a- real dog. I am- stuffed.

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '07 11:03pm PST 
if your lineage is from great britain most likely you will remain black.
if 3 or 4 generations united states I would say blue.
color is hard to predict in lakelands and can change until much later in life.
If he is pure black no gray I would say black
if the undercoat has a grayish hue i would say he very likely will be a blue.
You will know by 18 months the true color if you strip his coat and if he is clipped you may never be certain.
[notify]
brookie in- memory

no, I am not a- real dog. I am- stuffed.

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '07 11:03pm PST 
oops posted twice

Edited by author Sun Jun 3, '07 11:05pm PST

[notify]

Jaeger- Meister von- Laker Blue

The- "Shredenator"

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '07 1:09pm PST 
Woof Brookie~
Well, my hair is slowly coming back. I am a really pretty darkish gray(silver) color BLUE, and mommy and daddy think I am very handsome. I will be even more handsomer when all my hair is back to terrier style. At least all my puppy MATTs are gone.applause
I have been trying to get in touch with Pablo because his daddy is from a Black Watch kennel and so is my grampy and his parents. I also look just like him but smaller version. Oh well, maybe he will answer me some time.
[notify]