GO!

How Big Will My Lab Get?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Watson

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 11:13am PST 
I have a 6 month old yellow lab named Watson. I adopted him from the Humane Society 2 months ago. There's a chance he might have a tiny bit of shepherd in him, but to me he looks and acts like a lab through and through. I had another lab as a kid, and I distinctly remember him being HUGE! That dog had a head on him as big as a lion.

So now I'm wondering how big my Watson is going to be. He's probably about 55lbs, although I won't know for sure until I take him to the vet next week. All my vet will tell me is that he's going to be a "big boy". Any ideas?
[notify]
Xander

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 10:56am PST 
I bought my yellow lab pup -- now 8 months old -- from a breeder. He was the smallest of the litter's five boys, but he isn't small now. And people consistently remarked on how big his paws were.

I haven't weighed him for a month or more. I suspect he at least 80 lb. Late in his sixth month, he was 64 lb.

He is an English Lab -- shorter, stockier, with a handsome, blocky head. I suspect he'll be around 90 lb when all is said and done. I've read that dogs are 75% grown at six months -- I imagine they mean towards the end of the sixth month.

I expect you will have a big boy on your hands. Let us know how it turns out!

Edited by author Fri Jan 25, '13 10:57am PST

[notify]