GO!

the poor UNKNOWN kuvasz

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jake

"Don't mess with- me or my family"

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 8:33pm PST 
Look at this- I just joined and only found 36 kuvaszok on here- there's like thousands of others in each group! We're so neglected and unpopular but we're such gentle giants! - Jake
[notify]
Charlie

Charlie Bear

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 2:48pm PST 
But we are few and far between. Or we are confused as Great Pyrenees. I am a mixed Kuvasz. My mother was a yellow lab and my dad was full blood Kuvasz. wave
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '08 9:21am PST 
I'd rather have us stay "low-pro" than be overbred like some breeds. There was a problem for awhile with hips and Kuvasok, but through careful breeding this is something that is being helped. If the breed was popular, this would be harder to control.
[notify]

SKYY

I am very white.

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 9:42am PST 
Hey guys. Kuvasz need to stick together, don't they? The breed may not be well known, but it's well-loved by those who know it.

r/

http://mykuvasz.wordpress.com
[notify]
Jade

Empress of the- Jade Dynasty

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:36pm PST 
There aren't many of us 'cause most folks can't handle us! We're too smart, too opinionated, and too independent-minded (the page here that says we are easy to train is loco - unless you are a police dog trainer - that's what I have now...). Their loss, cause we are also totally loving and loyal!!!!! Oh, and we are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
IZZY

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 4:12pm PST 
Just found this. You'll see on my profile I have the more popular type dogs however...... I'm March 2012 my brother came to live on our property and brought his 2 Kuvasz with him. He travels 5-6 days a week so much of the day to day care became my responsibility. Nichali & Mahali are 3 yrs old. These dogs are biG are independent but they are the most loyal dogs I've ever been around. They are smart and discerning too. Our parent also live on the property the boys have a much quieter deminer when my 85 yr old father in around.

These dogs have found their purpose in patrolling our 28 acres watching over my 18# cavalier and 40# springer & 2 horses. Recently 2 of the many coyotes in our are ventured across our land the boys went to work in overdrive they "rolled" the intruders at full speed then chased them to the fences. We hear the cy.otes all the time but we have not seen any more on the property. GO KUVASZ!!!!!!!!!
[notify]