GO!

Anything important I should know about Japanese Spitzs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Eve

Love! Laugh!- DANCE!

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 5:49pm PST 
I have just bought Eve, a female purebred Japanese Spitz puppy. I won't get her until the 10th of January. I just want to know if there are any health problems or behavioural problems attached to the breed, or anything else you think I should know about Japanese Spitzs.

Thanks
[notify]
chewbacca- (chewi)

fluffy baby

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '09 6:20am PST 
I am a Japanese Spitz called Chewi and I am a lovely, friendly dog. I am gentle and intelligent and usually do as i'm told. I have a bit of a problem with my hair shedding but if mummy brushes me most days (which I really love, especially my belly..) then it's not too bad. I really enjoy walkies and like about an hour a day if possible. I don't eat masses of food but like 2 meals a day which are meat and biscuit mixed and I love an occasional treat too. My teeth tend to be a bit of a problem to keep clean as I dont take long to demolish my chews even the dentisticks but I will chew a tough rubber bone and this does the trick. I am a great pet and I am really good with children who all love to cuddle me (which I love too!)
[notify]
Eve

Love! Laugh!- DANCE!

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 5:36am PST 
Thanks.smile I've had Eve for a while now, she just turned 10months. I've not once regretted getting her, she's so wonderful, I love her soooo much. She has some issues with strangers (both dogs and people, except children), but she's young so with a bit of patience and time I'm sure we can work it out. I've been a Japanese Spitz enthusiest for quite a few years and to finally own one is more wonderful than I could have ever hoped (ofcourse I love my other pets to pieces too). Finally, I though it was funny that Chewi gobbles down food, because Eve gobbles it down really fast too. Her nickname is 'the hoover' because she just sucks everything up like a vacuum cleaner.laugh out loud
[notify]

zhuanzhuan

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 2:51am PST 
smileHi,Eve.I have lived with a Japanese Spitzs for 10 months.
I am a new master too.But i think Japanese Spitzs is very convenience to feeding.
Only ensure its exercise and give her enough love~Don't let her in wet place for a long time,it is eazy to infect Between toes inflammation.
Eve is a cute little fox~Glad to see you!little angel
[notify]