GO!

Leaping JR Terrier

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 3:07pm PST 
My parents rescued a Jack Russell Terrier mix a year ago. The dog is about 2 years old. She has started this habit of waiting until my dad is a certain distance from her then starts running and leaps at him. She has almost knocked him down several times. She did the same thinkg to my mom today as they were talking to friends across a chain link fence. She knocked my mom down and hurt her. She is a sweet dog, but if something cant be done to stop this leaping they are going to find her another home. My parents are in their 70 and in very good health for their age, but cannot keep dealing with this. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks
[notify]