GO!

Anyone have a JRT that died of bloat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 6:14pm PST 
I'm having a hard time with the sudden death of my 7 month old puppy, Dobby. Last Friday we dropped him of at a pet sitter's for a a weekend ski trip. Saturday morning, the sitter called to tell me he had dies sometime overnight and the x-rays has shown it was due to bloat.He NEVER had any symptoms at home before and I am just racked with guilt that it was stress that caused him to bloat. I also thought he would have made some noise in the middle of the night, but none of the other dogs woke up. I know I'll never know, but just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this.
[notify]
Spooky

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 8:39pm PST 
That's very sad..
http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/gastric-volvulus-bloat-dogs-life-t hreatening-emergency?page=2
Preventing Bloat

Dogs who respond to nonsurgical treatment have a 70 percent chance of having another episode of bloat. Some of these episodes can be prevented by following these practices:

Divide the day’s ration into three equal meals, spaced well apart.
Do not feed your dog from a raised food bowl.
Avoid feeding dry dog food that has fat among the first four ingredients listed on the label.
Avoid foods that contain citric acid.
Restrict access to water for one hour before and after meals.
Never let your dog drink a large amount of water all at once.
Avoid strenuous exercise on a full stomach.
[notify]