GO!

Allergic to Grass

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Baileigh

Barked: Fri Apr 24, '09 11:10am PST 
Does anyone have a proven method for getting rid of ichy feet? I know better but I sometimes get into grass and it makes my feet ichy.

Edited by author Sat Apr 25, '09 10:47am PST

[notify]
Bowser

Must chew must- chew

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 7:09pm PST 
We keep baby wipes at the door and wipe off his feet when he comes in from outside. That way if he licks his feet, we know they are mostly clean. It may help your dogs allergy. We hold him upright and let him smell the wipe so he knows what it is. Then we do his back feet first, change to a fresh wipe, let him smell it then do his front feet. Of course he tries to bite the cloth but it's a good time to coach on NO BITE.
[notify]
Pogo

Antipodean Fuzz- Butt

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 12:58am PST 
That's a GREAT idea! Pogo is allergic to...something! We don't know what. But she's on medication and I'm sure it's something out in the garden. I'm going to get some wet wipes too. Thanks for the tip!
[notify]

Jenny

Jennywren

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 1:31pm PST 
Itwould be good to have allergy tests done, i am afraid my mother had a jack russell cross and she suffered all her life with this itchyness which was called atrophy, she was too old by the time it was realized there was a real problem she ended up on steroids and antihistamines, asshe would chew her feeta nd itch until she bled I found aloe vera was very good for cooling her skin down and you can get a special shampoo off the vet as it is also wise to bathe her regular.
hope all is well, would like to know how you go on.
[notify]
Minty

Protecting my- pack, no matter- the danger

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 5:43am PST 
My friend's puppy had this problem on its tummy. The vet told her to put Bepanthem (probably spelt wrong) Ointment on the rash. It worked like magic.way to go
[notify]
dukers

Pool- Puppy,Mommy's- Terror

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 7:40pm PST 
My 4 year old JRT has this problem.I got an allergy blood test done and the place also gives you a list of the recommended foods.My vet also put him on atopica.This has worked.
[notify]
Pogo

Antipodean Fuzz- Butt

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '09 10:34pm PST 
Aaaaaaand several months later - I've tried aloe vera on Pogo. She sees me armed with the bottle and she's G.O.N.E. lol. Even though there wouldn't be anything more soothing for it. HOWEVER, on the recommendation of a Dogster pal, I now use chamomile tea bags soaked in tepid water and drizzle that on especially her paws (and gently rub it over her tummy). She really likes that apparently and will lay back and let me do it for her. Even the paws! I think she's even taken a liking to the tea/water too, lol, and she tries to drink that.

But the main thing is that the chamomile have been helping heaps when she's been mightily bothered by her allergies and itching and biting up a storm. She'll usually settle right down and go to sleep too.
[notify]
Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Mon Sep 23, '13 7:12am PST 
Don't think it's such a good idea to lick your paws after using a baby wipe or wet wipe on them. All those chemicals going into your body, yuck! How about a wet paper towel? Cheaper and less toxic!
[notify]