GO!

My Iggue Is A Lovely Pet. He's AS Sweetie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Riley

Mummy's little- sweetie poppet

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 6:03am PST 
Crate we trained at start. He loved it. It was his place. Mind you, "his Place" was also our bed. We spent a lot of patience and time potty training, but it paid off. At first we watched him like a hawk and as soon as looked like he was going to do it inside(on the carpet!) We picked him up and shot out with him. We spent a lot of time actually living in our back garden, where he could pee freely. Lots of "Well done Riley! Good dog! Oh aren't you clever, and a reward. (he loves praise!) We have a cat door and uses it to go outside when he needs to all time, since he was a baby. It'd just patience, persistence, and love.You've just got to put the time in tp do thid, and it's worth it. We have a happy balanced dog, who has also been socialsed with many other dogs. He is absolutely fine if we have other dogs to stay over. They are friends dogs who he knws well. After we'd had him a month we were pretty much there. Then he became more and more confident and started shooting through the cat door quite soon.(cat door is actually a small dog door, so is a bit bigger than a cats.No more mess on the carpet. And amazed. there are no stains and no smells. I must have done a good job cleaning up after him. He is a darling. So sweet natured. And he has just the two modes, demented kangaroo, and sloth, in about equal parts. We adore him. He sticks to us like glue, and has not been hard to train. We used a lot of tips from Cesar Millan's books, and training with food rewards. But beware, when you using this type of training ( well bribery really) never give in and give him a treat anyway. Don't worry, if you are consistent he will learn quickly, so will get plenty of rewards. Since he was 3 months old, a month after we got him, peeing in the house was over. If the ranchslider is closed so he can't get to the doggy door, he just stands and looks at it, then at us, til we give him access to the door again. If he thinks we're a bit slow, he barks. We take him out a lot and he plays with his doggie friends in their gardens, and he tears around our garden and house like it is his personal racetrack. A beautiful pet. We call him our little clown. Our lounge is his indoor gym.
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 7:52pm PST 
I loved reading this my Italian greyhound sounds very similar he loves to cuddle and sleep and be lazy or he loves to run full speed. There is no in between!
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 7:53pm PST 
U might enjoy www.iggyplanet.com its a site like this but only Italian greyhounds and u can post pictures. Its free to join.
[notify]