GO!

Proper weight for a male and female Irish Setter

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 1:43pm PST 
A couple weeks ago my husband and I found two loose Irish Setters. We were able to get leashes on them and found out that they had their owners phone number on their collars. We called him and told them that we had his dogs and would hold them till he got home from work and could pick them up. They were slightly under weight. A few days later the male Max came back to visit again and my husband told me that his ribs were clearly visible through his coat. That when he put him in our spare pen with some food Max ate it like he was starved to death. I am just wondering what the right weight should be for these dogs. I would say that Max is about a year old and his female companion is about 8 to 11 months.
[notify]