GO!

Grooming Tips for Icies

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

MACH ADCH- Lilliana TQX

My idea of a- holiday is- playing agility!

Barked: Thu Jul 3, '08 11:40am PST 
What grooming tips do you have for an Icie?

Mom gives me a bath about once a week and combs my hair more frequently. But really, it's the peanut butter flavored toothpaste that I like and get about twice a week. I love to nibble on that stick with bristles that she puts in my mouth too. Now, when it comes to my nails, I'm not too crazy about it because even Mom gets nervous. Then, she sometimes brings out these really small scissors and cuts small bits of hair out of my paw pad area, but mostly I just wiggle away. Sometimes, I get to go to the doggie Dr. office to get my nails done. That's okay because the nail fix-up is really fast there.

Do you think we're supposed to trim the hair in or around the ears? Or, is there something else I should add or change?

All discussion welcome.

Smiles!

Thanks,
Lillianawave
[notify]
MACH ADCH- Lilliana TQX

My idea of a- holiday is- playing agility!

Barked: Thu Jul 31, '08 10:07am PST 
Any ISD's on the boards?
Hope I'm getting all the grooming that I need. shrug
What do you think?
[notify]
Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Wed Dec 24, '08 4:41pm PST 
Hi! I'm not sure exactly what my Misty's mixed with, but I saw a piece on Icie's in a magazine recently and I thought she looked a lot like them and when they described the temperment and coat type of the Icie's it sounded just like her. I don't know much about them, but since Misty has the same coat type and all maybe we could use similar grooming styles lol. I only bathe misty about once every other month or so because the dirt seems to fall off her pretty easily and her hair doesnt seem to get oily. I i use a slicker brush on her as often as I can to help with the loose hair and the matts she gets sometimes (I try to do it every day but it rarely turns out this way lol). I use a Pedi-paws on her ever few weeks to keep her nails short and I recently trimmed the hair between the pads of her feet for the first time. That was fortunate timing too because we got snow a few days later and she loved it so with the hair trimmed it kept her from getting snow frozen to her paws. I pay extra attention to the fur around her ears with the slicker brush to make sure she doesn't get matts but I never trim her ears because I'm afraid she might get ear infections without the hair to protect them from dirt and stuff where I live. Anyway, thats what I do. I don't know if it's helpful. If you have free time I'd love to chat with an Icie owner because I really think Misty might have some in her and I'd like to get some first hand opinions of the breed. If you could message me I would be soooo greatful!
[notify]