GO!

New to raw food diet and need some tips/recipes?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Sadie

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 5:45pm PST 
I have been researching the benefits of raw food diet and I am just blown away and appalled that it has taken me this long to realize that change is in order. My girl, Sadie, has been on kibble for 11 years (I was in 4th grade and had no clue about dangers of kibble). I want to switch her to a raw diet as soon as possible. Are there any reliable sites that have balanced nutritional recipes or does anyone have their own that they use? I am in college and am studying to take the MCAT in 7 weeks so I do not have all the time in the world but I feel the need to switch immediately. Sadie is an 11 year old Jack Russell Terrier. She is still very active and likes to run and jump. She is constantly jumping down from the bed. I have become paranoid of joint problems even though she does not exhibit any symptoms. She has also developed watery eyes in the past year and sometimes scratches her face on the floor. While she looks adorable do this, I think that it may be allergies and I do not want her to be in any discomfort. Are there any recipes that would help with this? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Kylie
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 6:00pm PST 
Max and Ginger are fed raw, prey model style. See the forum just above this one to ask questions and read. It is easier than grinding and putting together all the bits and pieces of the BARF style raw. See this very nice site put together by a dogster.
http://puppybutt.weebly.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]